Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so...hopefully the new truck will be here around Thanksgiving. I really want the power running boards on the truck, but my debate is whether to have them dealer-installed, or after market installed. Any suggestions? Pros? Cons? What about a folding bed step? And since I'm getting off-topic, what are your recommendations for the weather-proof floor savers/mats etc?

Thanks, everyone

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Specifically I am wondering about the power running boards, since I am planning on installing them on my truck when it gets here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
My buddy has the amp steps and the joints go out all the time on his

·
Registered
51 Posts
I installed my AMPs by myself. The wiring took the longest. Now that i have the powerboards, i am looking at the BedStep2. Those are the ones that go in front of the rear wheels. I don't need the rear BedStep right now since i'm not lifted but trying to get to stuff in the middle of the bed would be a lot easier if i didn't have to stand on the tire.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at the power boards and rear bed step made by Bestop, I think the name is. Pretty sure I found the at 4-Wheel Parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
anyone know of a video of someone instaling these on a gmc truck. i just ordered mine and just curious about the wiring inside the truck

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
anyone know of a video of someone instaling these on a gmc truck. i just ordered mine and just curious about the wiring inside the truck
The wiring inside is pretty simple. You just need to make sure you find the correct wires (which are described in the instructions) and use the supplied wire taps

·
Registered
312 Posts
What should you do with these lube, or what cause mine are about. Crap

·
Registered
312 Posts
is there a way to adjust them so they sit even when up

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
is your back (or front) sitting lower then the other side?

Mine did this when they were dirty. I just sprayed teh joints to clean them with water, then lubed them up..

·
Registered
312 Posts
Um i believe my front is low i dont remember ill check in a while when i go put my pos k&n back on (hate that thing)

·
Registered
312 Posts
drivers side is rear low, passenger side is all low, but front lower.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts