Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, i decided i wasn't going to buy new steps when i still have these in my hands. I just put the cab steps on, not the bed steps i have with them. I think it looks better than it did when it was lower, i was thinking about rhinolining them but just wanted to get them on before the salt came around. I also put on my 8' CB whip that has been sitting in the garage for awhile. I have gotten up to 26miles with it before with a cheap CB.
What you guys think?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
looks hawwwwwwt

·
Registered
279 Posts
Looks good! Running boards offer the best protection against stone chips and abrasions from gravel and grit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good too man! Haven't seen many other trucks with our style on. I have the bed steps if your interested lol. I work in Dayton, stay in beavercreek and live in cleveland lol. Nice to see someone from down here.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
what kind of running boards are those?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Board's look good. I woulda considered buyin those even just to protect my paint some.
x2, what brand are those? Dee Zee?

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha...thanks guys. Now i just have to come up with a way to mount that whip when my cap is on...hmmm. The steps are Luverne. They are like over 500 new i believe. They def do a good job of protecting the rockers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hope i am never in front of you and you need to slam on the brakes with that whip! Serious injuries may happen LOL

Deff liking the running boards... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LMAO...i had that whip on a toyota pickup i had. Bada$$ offroad rig. I got it to smack the hook a couple times. No-one liked riding in the bed of that thing when we were going through trails. It turns into a deadly weapon when it gets a good bend on it from a branch lol.

Thanks!

I was thinking about getting them linexd...hmmm

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thinking of throwing my cap on the truck this weekend. With that being said, i need to find a new mounting spot for my whip. Any ideas?

1. use a piece of flat stock/ angle to protrude from under the cab on one of the front corners and mount it there.

2. use one of those swivel mounts that has the big ball thing on it. (know what im talkin about?

3. sacrifice my 20+ mile range and run a shorter roof mount antenna

1 - 11 of 11 Posts