Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a supplier that has running boards for the new body style?
I need boards for the CC as well as the bed (too short to reach).
thanks
chuck
:gearjamin

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have the amp research power steps, a little ...ok.... a lot spendy at about $1700 installed but the serve both doors and cover the exposed frame rails

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LV, I did see those! What a nice set. Yes real salty on the price but god are they nice. Just don't know how they would hold up in this midwest enviroment. All 4 seasons here including a lot of salt for winter. This truck will rarely ever see the inside of a garage, so this makes me worry about the "workings" of those steps. Though I may go back and do some more research on them if you have "used" them and believe they will hold up in my enviroment.
I think for the crew cab they would be great but do they extend to the front of the bed? This is where I've only seen 1 supplier have boards for so far and they added up to be 550 for the pair. Still about a 1/3 of yours. But I still do like the action of yours! Open the door and there they are, close the door and out of site. Real nice and clean.
thanks
chuck:gearjamin

·
Registered
32 Posts
not sure about the salt. I think they are mostly aluminum but i would not swear to it. not much salt on the roads here in las vegas. they do go to the front of the bed though. I stand on them to clean the back window and front windshield

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
If you are going to spend that much money on running boards...I would at least buy something that will protect the paint on a 43,000.00 truck. thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are going to spend that much money on running boards...I would at least buy something that will protect the paint on a 43,000.00 truck. thats just my opinion.
I agree but the last set I had were made by Putco. They were put on by my bodyshop and lasted ok for 12 yrs. Just became an issue of being loose at the end.

Any specific suggestions or companies are gratefully accepted.

thanks
chuck:gearjamin

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had a set of electric runnig boards installed on my cc. they came off of a tahoe. its reall neat how they work when you open the door they fold out and when you close it they fold up under out of sight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
NFab Steps

Check out NFab They make the coolest looking non electric steps I have seen. They hug the body line closely and even have a third step option if you have a toolbox that's hard to reach.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts