Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my running boards off..the stock kind, someone told me it will make my truck rust faster on the bottoms of my doors....is this true? If so I've seen people put that paint on truck bedliner on the bottoms of their doors..but never seen it done on a white truck..

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Your boards offer protection from rock chips so yes they do protect.... But you could get mud flaps or color matched bed liner put on it to help...

·
Registered
683 Posts
i would think it would help by blocking rocks what part of il. you from

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Your boards offer protection from rock chips so yes they do protect.... But you could get mud flaps or color matched bed liner put on it to help...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Not sure what happend with thw 2 posts...............

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would think it would help by blocking rocks what part of il. you from
I'm from central IL I live in the country outside of bloomington normal
And they do actual color match liner? Is it expensive? I asked someone if they made white but I figured that normal white liner wouldn't match exact.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm from central IL I live in the country outside of bloomington normal
And they do actual color match liner? Is it expensive? I asked someone if they made white but I figured that normal white liner wouldn't match exact.
I was told by a place in MN that it would cost me about 800.00 for it:eek: Supposedly cause they have to change the color in the gun and clean and so on... Also a extra 200 cause I have a long bed.........

·
Registered
683 Posts
i looked in to having rhino lining done on the rocker panels and it was around $700

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told by a place in MN that it would cost me about 800.00 for it:eek: Supposedly cause they have to change the color in the gun and clean and so on... Also a extra 200 cause I have a long bed.........
Ahhh shoot I have a long bed too, wait are you talking doing the bed, ooorr the bottom part of the doors?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i looked in to having rhino lining done on the rocker panels and it was around $700
Yea I think thats what those are called... rocker panels? haha dang thats so much money! I figured black would look terrible on white..but maybe not?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ahhh shoot I have a long bed too, wait are you talking doing the bed, ooorr the bottom part of the doors?
The whole bottom of my truck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gotcha well danngg thats expensive annd Duratitus yeah i'd sell em. and pics of what. I can post what ever pics you want

·
Registered
163 Posts
You could get some of that 3m clear cover stuff that they put on hoods.. they make it for the rockers that is clear and helps protect from rock chips

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Dmaxdave! Maybe I'l try that!
And Duratitus let me see if I have any pictures I can load.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had line-x put on the rocker panels of my truck. I didn't have to worry about color matching though because it is black. I had planned on putting the 3m clear coat on it but that was going to cost me over $1000. I paid $400 for the rocker panels. I've had it on for 2 years and it has been great so far.

·
Registered
422 Posts
^^^^^ thanks DMAXDAVE for pointing that out for me! i think im going to get my rock chips behind my front tire fixed then put that stuff over it so i dont have to get bigger ugly mud flaps

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.