Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have read about running 2 stroke as a additive, but I have talked to some guys who are running a mineral oil to help lube up engine components.
Any one else used this? probably no difference then what Bio is made out of.

· Registered
12 Posts
Can't say I have heard of that.
I do know everyone that runs 2 stroke seems to be happy with their results.
Myself, I use Opti-Lube XPD. I use this for several reasons.
First for the lubrication
Second for the cleaner.

· Registered
29 Posts
i know a few guys that run 2 stroke as well. i run opti lube too and know some others who run their waste engine oil as an additive

· Vendor
11,225 Posts
2 stroke is a great lubrication but you need something to help keep the injectors clean and the spray pattern optimized for the best combustion. I am using AMSOIL Fuel Concentrate and Cetane booster. Seeing good results from it as well.

If I can ever get you information on our fuel additives, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't say I have heard of that.
I do know everyone that runs 2 stroke seems to be happy with their results.
Myself, I use Opti-Lube XPD. I use this for several reasons.
First for the lubrication
Second for the cleaner.
I have heard nothing but good about Opti-Lube, but I can't find it anywhere where I am from, I have even sent emails to the company to find a dealer in Alberta. No replies

However I know I can get amsoil pretty much anywhere , might have to look more into that.

· The Good Son!
2,396 Posts
I have heard nothing but good about Opti-Lube, but I can't find it anywhere where I am from, I have even sent emails to the company to find a dealer in Alberta. No replies

However I know I can get amsoil pretty much anywhere , might have to look more into that.
You can order it off of their website. That is what I have been doing.

Opti-Lube Advanced Lubricants

· Registered
422 Posts
and know some others who run their waste engine oil as an additive
A good friend of mine runs all of his waste oil in his trucks fuel. He has two wreckers and two Dmax's and all of the waste oil (motor and tranny) go into his diesel tank he has in his yard. None of his trucks have had any problems.

· Im Superrrrr!
14,913 Posts

Yeah I was ordering it from another site and I ordered 2 things of it....then the card they sent me with their web address no longer worked. So I started ordering it straight from them. Only place I've seen it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.