Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am looking at getting a used 08 6.6 as my first diesel. The truck has 60k and what appears to be a clean carfax report. Took it for a test drive and it ran great. It is "Certified" so it will have a 12 month, 12k warranty with it as well as the remainder of the 5/100k warranty. Here is my concerns. I have been reading some of the posts on here and some of them scare the heck out of me. It appears that the biggest issues with the 6.6 LMM's are the injectors, or so it would seem. What are the biggest issues with the LMM's, if any. I can't afford to buy the truck and then in 10k or so have to have the injectors replaced and be concerned that GM won't honor their own warranties. I am not planning on doing anything, performance wise, with it until the warranties are expired then only to increase the fuel mileage which I hear sucks. Any comments, suggestions, recommendations regarding my concerns will be greatly appeciated. I also see that I am about 20 miles from Huskerdiesel and will also ask for their advice this week....Thanks in advance. "Mac"

·
Registered
839 Posts
Its the lb7 with the injector issue

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
I wish I lived that close to Husker................

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies.....I think I would have liked to have found an 07 without the DPF on it (for fuel mileage purposes) but in my non-diesel opinion, the one I found really seems nice...."Mac"

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
The lmm will have a dpf, but get an exhaust and a tuner and you can get rid of it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
X2 exhaust and programmer to take care of the DPF and Husker diesel will take care of you!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Jess at husker will hook you up. No real concerns on the LMM except for the DPF. Mac were you live at. I am only about 30 miles from Husker in Fremont and need to go get my DSP 5 installed from him. He has a great EFI tune for milage.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome another Nebraska man! :D Husker will hook ya up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts