Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newby so excuse any repitition. I have a 2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. 45000 miles. Just got the fuel filter replaced 2000 miles ago for the third time. Last couple days at SOME startups, it runs very rough for 30 secs to a minute then smooths out. Water detection light does not come on. Runs smooth the rest of the time. The night before this started I had filled up at a station I've never used before (a Hess). Bad fuel? or some other problem. Should I replace the filter AGAIN? Since it costs me $160.00 each time I'm thinking of trying it myself. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
53 Posts
i am not sure what is wrong, but $160 to change fuel filter is crazy. you can do it in your garage or driveway, without any thing special, its easier than changing the oil. good luck:confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing for about a week I changed the fuel filter and put Lucas fuel conditioner in the tank. It cleared up for about 100 miles and came back but not as bad. So I drained the filter let it idle for about 30 min. and it seems to be gone. It won't hurt to try it. So I would drain the filter put in Lucas and see what happens. And as for $160.00 to change the filter the filter it's self is about 30.00 to 60.00 dollars (depending on witch one you get) and takes about 20 min. to change. Good luck let me know what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts