Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think I should do here without full repainting the area hopefully?:help I'm guessing the guy before me didnt have mud flaps on originally or this wouldn't be there but I could be wrong. Truck does have 172,XXX miles on it.

Thanks for any tips

Attachments

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I had some very minor surface rust starting on mine so I bedlined that area. not the whole bottom part of the doors, just the area from inside the door jam (where it comes to the 90degree going in to the cab) down. Pretty much one inch from your rust all the way back.. im at work now so I can't post any pics but i'll throw some up later if you want. I love it since I did mine, not overbearing at all, you cant even notice it there unless youre really looking. :drink

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya please throw up a pic or two when you have time that would be great!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Damn snow/salt !!!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yeah no problem man. I'll try to remember as soon as I get home, if they arent up by tonight just pm me or something and i'll get them your way

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
here are the pics of my setup, as promised. Old pics, but you get the idea lol. They're holding up great with my 35's and the gravel roads around here :thumb

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Nvrplzd, wht did you use to do your rockers like that? And what did you do for behind the back tire?
I am considering doing the same thing as i am having the same problem as the OP and am condering just getting from the body line down painted when i get flares and a hood.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I used a roll on bed liner I bought from the local auto parts store. Just make sure you prep it well with sandpaper to get all the oils and grease off before you brush it on. Worked like a charm. for the bed and the rear I just taped off a line that matched the front and went with it. Took me forever to find a line that I wanted to go with, but I'm still happy with the results to this day. Plus, if it chips off or whatever its SUPER easy to cover back up with some more. Here's a few pics of the rear in case it helps any..

·
Registered
945 Posts
remove the inner fender and clean the dirt out from inside the fender.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
That actually looks really good !!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
You could buy a kit of tintable raptor liner, get some paint, maybe have 150.00 into it and do your rockers colormatched..

·
Registered
637 Posts

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts