Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of 2015 style tow mirrors for my '05 2500HD at a yard sale that wouldn't extended, I thought, couldn't be much to fix, boy was I wrong. The internal slide mechanism is steel tubing, and being that I'm in NY, the salt ate half the tubing away. Does anyone out there know where I may be able to buy these parts? I can rebuild if need be, but it's much easier to buy.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are they rusted right through or just surface rust? If they are not rusted thru, take them to a refinisher if you can and have them acid dipped, Ecoated and then powder coated. Will look like new and be much more durable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Didn't see the rusted out arm the first time, sorry. Yea, that's pooched. I would be VERY surprised if that specific arm could be bought as a replacement part. Will probably either have to find another one or fabricate up a new one if you're handy have have access to the machines necessary. Sucks finding out you bought a scrap mirror at a yard sale, hopefully you didn't pay more than $40 or $50 bucks for them...

·
Registered
719 Posts
I got a set of 2015 style tow mirrors for my '05 2500HD at a yard sale that wouldn't extended, I thought, couldn't be much to fix, boy was I wrong. The internal slide mechanism is steel tubing, and being that I'm in NY, the salt ate half the tubing away. Does anyone out there know where I may be able to buy these parts? I can rebuild if need be, but it's much easier to buy.
I believe that I have the remnants of my LBZ stock extendable mirrors with that tubing in stainless. If you are interested in those to retrofit into yours, PM me.

Or if you want new check out Boost Auto Parts. That's where I bought my upgraded ones from - roughly $400 a pair IIRC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts