Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting an s&b cold air intake with the filter that can be reused very soon... can any vendors price one for me?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Price also please

Can you price it to me also. I just purchased a NBS 07 LMM.

I just bought the truck, havent even received it yet. Hopefully it will be delivered by weeks end. I have had several of the NBS Tahoes, Denalis, Silverados, Escalades, etc. This will be my first diesel. I cant wait to mod it up. I am a forum member and moderator at chevrolet forum and so far this site seems very informative. There is a ton of information on the site.

For a few other questions to the vendors of the S&B if you have a minute and could direct me in the correct path for some other modifications and brand recommendations that would be great. I dont know a lot about diesel engines, nor modifications but am a quick learner and love to work on my own vehicles. Here is what I am wanting to get asap.

Programmer/Tuner (prefer one that is not plug and removed) like the dash pod idea.

CAI

DFP Delete (information on what all this entails would be great (trying to read up on this but there is a ton of information)

What is the EGR block or valve I am reading about?

Thats it for early startes unless someone has suggesstions to get better performance as well as Fuel Mileage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I just bought the truck, havent even received it yet. Hopefully it will be delivered by weeks end. I have had several of the NBS Tahoes, Denalis, Silverados, Escalades, etc. This will be my first diesel. I cant wait to mod it up. I am a forum member and moderator at chevrolet forum and so far this site seems very informative. There is a ton of information on the site.

For a few other questions to the vendors of the S&B if you have a minute and could direct me in the correct path for some other modifications and brand recommendations that would be great. I dont know a lot about diesel engines, nor modifications but am a quick learner and love to work on my own vehicles. Here is what I am wanting to get asap.

Programmer/Tuner (prefer one that is not plug and removed) like the dash pod idea.

CAI

DFP Delete (information on what all this entails would be great (trying to read up on this but there is a ton of information)

Thats it for early startes unless someone has suggesstions to get better performance as well as Fuel Mileage.
I got my S&B a couple days back from Nate a performace truck products and everything went perfect... and i dont think the 07's need a DPF delete plate, i think they only put them on there on 08 and up.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts

CAI

PM sent, should explain everything and explain all your options :drink

-Jesse

PS: biglg has an 07.5 LMM, so he will have a DPF :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought the NBS 07 LMM had the DPF but wasnt sure since I cant actually look under the truck yet. I will now go check my PM and will be in touch. Thanks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quick question I know this has been answered before but I don't feel like searching. Is the dry filter or the oiled filter better?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick question I know this has been answered before but I don't feel like searching. Is the dry filter or the oiled filter better?
A couple people say the oiled filter becuase it catches more dirt but i think their both the same... the only difference is that one can be reused and the other is disposible. I went with the oil filter when i got my S&B.

·
Registered
21,961 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought the NBS 07 LMM had the DPF but wasnt sure since I cant actually look under the truck yet. I will now go check my PM and will be in touch. Thanks.
if its a LMM, than it has the DPF and emissions BS on it!

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
I got my S&B a couple days back from Nate a performace truck products and everything went perfect... and i dont think the 07's need a DPF delete plate, i think they only put them on there on 08 and up.
i had someone steel my CAT, DPF and muffler! than they installed that 4" mbrp kit thanks to nate @ perforamance truck products for me!

THATS MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT!!!!!!!
Thanks for the orders fellas, glad you like them!:drink

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.