Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Any report on gauge functionality yet?
The fuel gauge works without any issue since the stock sending unit is transferred to the new tank. You do have to swap on a new float, which takes about 30 seconds.

I’m hoping the DTE estimate starts to sync as I go through more tanks of fuel. But unless I’m towing, 62 gallons will last me a while between fill ups!

Totally worth doing the tank swap though, no doubt about it.

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
My tank came with an OEM style sending unit. No need to transfer the stock sending unit...

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
Low Fuel light & chime finally came on and the info screen said “33 miles to empty”. Stopped at Phillips 66 and pumped 51.2 gallons before the pump shut off at $170.
Unfortunately I was running late so I couldn’t top off but I will tomorrow after using a couple of gallons running errands before we head to Spearfish SD with the TT for 10 days...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This was a full tank towing our 40’ ~15k LBS 5th wheel. Couple Colorado mountain passes too.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks guys, this is great news. (y)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hope a long box version arrives soon. Just got a 2021 Denali Dually. 36 gallons just isn't enough

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 3500 CC LB
247 Posts
I hope a long box version arrives soon. Just got a 2021 Denali Dually. 36 gallons just isn't enough
Titan has a long box version

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It's still adjusting to the Distance to Empty. The stock fuel gauge shows accurately and the Banks iDash shows the fuel level as an actual percentage, also accurately. Most of my driving thus far has been towing, so I'm still working my way through a full tank without towing - and that takes a while as I'm expecting around 1000 +/- from a full tank.

I also contacted White Automotive and Media Services as they do offer a lot of low-level reprogramming options for GM vehicles. They echoed what I had heard and suspected all along - eventually the truck should relearn.

We went on a trip recently with our 5th wheel and the destination was about 150-160 miles away. They sold diesel fuel, but it was at least $1 more per gallon. It was nice to be able to make the full trip there and back, then fill up at home where prices were more reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
830 Posts
I just filled up to haul our trailer to Stanley Idaho. The "Range" in the DIC says 300 miles....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts