Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question for you guys runnin the ppe programmers. i was wondering how long it takes to chang for one setting to the other? And i know that with a hypertech that my buddy has, you cant do it while driving. is this the same on the ppe?

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I don't think you can do it while driving. I've never tried to do it while driving b/c it changes your whole tune of the truck. I always change mine while I'm parked, but you can clear codes while driving and monitor some data. It takes about 5 minutes or so to change settings. Not too bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have tried to change while driving and it does not work for me. I have had a little trouble with down load times ranging from 3-8 minutes. I also had trouble once returning to stock to take it in. I also tried using a outlook moniter from a tripple dog to control the ppe and that does not work either. This is why i runn the PPe at dyno's and at the track and run my edge on the streets.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the ppe is a ECM programmer so it needs to have it's full attention when tuning so you can't be doing anything else while it tunes and it only takes 2 min.s with my LBZ and roughly 5min.s on my LLY..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts