Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just wanted to update this thread again, recently deleted the truck with EFI Live and so far the S&S diesel emissions intact CP3 has not given me any issues running deleted. Seems kind of stupid to buy the emissions compliant pump I know, but, like I said the idea was to be able to switch back to stock if need be (although the increase in fuel economy and overall fun makes me dread ever being stock again) but yeah, just figured I’d let anybody who cares know that it is possible to run emissions intact or deleted with this specific pump set up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Curious if your fuel mileage dropped with the CP3 conversion before you did the delete. I've heard it drops with the emissions intact cp3 conversion. I don't plan on deleting my '15 and definitely don't want to lose any more of the crappy mpg's

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Curious if your fuel mileage dropped with the CP3 conversion before you did the delete. I've heard it drops with the emissions intact cp3 conversion. I don't plan on deleting my '15 and definitely don't want to lose any more of the crappy mpg's
To be honest with you, my truck on a 34 inch tire never saw any more than maybe 14mpg in ideal conditions with the CP4, I don't think the fuel economy really changed all that much with the CP3 but I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure because I really didn't pay attention. It didn't seem like I was making more frequent fuel stops though. I'm not much help on this, sorry!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just wanted to update this thread again, recently deleted the truck with EFI Live and so far the S&S diesel emissions intact CP3 has not given me any issues running deleted. Seems kind of stupid to buy the emissions compliant pump I know, but, like I said the idea was to be able to switch back to stock if need be (although the increase in fuel economy and overall fun makes me dread ever being stock again) but yeah, just figured I’d let anybody who cares know that it is possible to run emissions intact or deleted with this specific pump set up.
This is good to know. If my CP4 ever went or if I got a wild hair and wanted to convert over to the CP3, I wouldn't have to spend the cash for new tunes. Thanks for the info!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts