Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a S472 ETT A/R 1.10 and a 87MM turbine wheel in a twin scroll T4 housing work on a stock motor? Can I just pull my stock 1 and put this in its place or is this for a compound set up?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just cause i can get it cheap so I figured i would ask about it as I wasn't sure. ya not looking to blow my motor.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But if you don't think I need something that big on the truck with a stock motor then I ain't wasting my time with it. I am not gonna be building the motor anytime soon so I don't want to take the chance of hurting it. Later down the road I plain on putting twins on it and building the trans. But for now just EFI live and 5" with DP and fass pump.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
with a 1.10 ar and the 87mm turbine wheel it wont be good on the street and will be real laggy. im running an s472 but with a .90 ar and the 83mm turbine wheel. and i spool it fine and love it.

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
you could do it... it would be laggy... i got a s472 with a .90ar and i like it :thumb

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
if you truck has no tuning nor a trans... don't do it

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have everything but a tranny when it all comes in but i still don't think i am gonna try it.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
The 87 wheel is for more top end you'd want an 83 and 1.10 is way too loose a .90 would pretty much be a necessity...that turbo is setup for alot of fuel...it would suck bad as a dd on stock stuff it couldn't light anywhere near where it would need too...don't even try to run it you'll hate it without more fuel and it will kill stock stuff...it is possible but a nice vvt like danvilles 4094vvt batmo or an s366 would be the best bet...good spool and all the power you'll ever want on stock internals

1 - 14 of 14 Posts