Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 lml. Has up pipes manifolds lift pump IC pipes powerflow 750 etc. I'm doing a compound kit. My goal is 750. Which turbo will better suffice and operate better when jumping between 550 for towing and 750 for fun. Aaanndddd go!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know a guy that ran a s475 on his dmax. While it ran decent with the stock turbo I kinda thought it needed a Kittle more pep. I could easily walk away from him with my single. Now he has went over 800hp with a Danville turbo and an s475. Runs much better

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking of eventually putting a 366 in the valley. But to start I'm not sure if I want to go with the 475 or the 478. I don't want to go over 750. It's my daily driver

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm a big singles person myself, but between the 2 I would go with the s478. The 75 isn't really all that big for secondary. Ever considered an s480?

Reactions: lml_Al

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read alot into the s480. Paired with a stock charger they can be pretty laggy but paired with something like a 366 they can make some damn good power. The 478 should perform almost just like the 475 till around 700-750 where the 475 maxes out.. but I don't want more than that.. will running the 475 at max be worse than running a 478 at 80%?
I'd like more power but it's my daily and over 750 Ill start having to worry about longivity and internals

·
Registered
677 Posts
Sub'ed im planing the same

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
We've done a few LML's with Billet S480's, they work well and help you keep egt's down at that power level. If you're planning to push it to 750rwhp then I would recommend it.

Reactions: poultryfarmer

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So maybe I should do the 78... lol spools like a 75 and flows like an 80.. suppose it's only a couple hundred dollar diff. I just don't want to be dissapointed if say my injectors only allow me 700 and the turbo is underpowered and laggy

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thats ez. If that happens then u just get ahold of exergy and get some 60 overs :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine dynoed at 725 with s475 over stock. On LBZ on stock bottom if that helps. With 40 over injectors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.