Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just ordered from ATS Spring out of PA! I spoke with the owner Bob and he knew more about leaf springs than the 3 other bigger companies I talked to combined. Great knowledgeable man and he stayed on the phone for 40 minutes evaluating and discussing the situation. Shipping was alot cheaper and 2 news springs shall be here by Friday with the new bushings already pressed along with some grade 8 hardware can't wait!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'd also like a PM please

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well guys turns out I spent roughly 4 hours changing out the new springs last night (ran into a few unexpected things) but got them done and lowered truck off lift and same exact thing smh. My front drivers side is slightly lower than the front passenger side so I started to mess with torsion on the one side and it was getting to late. I got the measurement alot closer and it did start to level out the rear so I'm guessing that's it. If the front is evened out the remaining that's left it's possibly going to be level is what I'm thinking. It's just wierd how the drivers side torsion is going to be cranked alot more than the passenger side one to achieve sitting equal on the front. Will this be alright? Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Well guys turns out I spent roughly 4 hours changing out the new springs last night (ran into a few unexpected things) but got them done and lowered truck off lift and same exact thing smh. My front drivers side is slightly lower than the front passenger side so I started to mess with torsion on the one side and it was getting to late. I got the measurement alot closer and it did start to level out the rear so I'm guessing that's it. If the front is evened out the remaining that's left it's possibly going to be level is what I'm thinking. It's just wierd how the drivers side torsion is going to be cranked alot more than the passenger side one to achieve sitting equal on the front. Will this be alright? Is this normal?
Get the front level, side to side and then see how the back looks. You should have a level truck with new springs. It sounds like that will happen.

Then you need to look at the front again. You say that " the drivers side torsion is going to be cranked alot more than the passenger side one to achieve sitting equal on the front". There is some worn/broken component(s) on the front suspension. Or possibly motor mounts, or transmission mount. The Z-height needs to be checked and corrected if needed. The Z-height adjustment will put the front end in the correct geometry and level side to side.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The rear axle was dead even as it rose from both jack stands and when lowered it hit the ground first and was even until the front started to touch the ground, then came the lean, I will try correcting the torsion a little more on the drivers side first(raising to even it with the passengers side). It won't be maxed but it will be significantly different front the passengers side torsion bolt position. It's funny when making turns my drivers side would always rub and passengers side wouldn't so it all sorta makes sense!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Get the front level, side to side and then see how the back looks. You should have a level truck with new springs. It sounds like that will happen.

Then you need to look at the front again. You say that " the drivers side torsion is going to be cranked alot more than the passenger side one to achieve sitting equal on the front". There is some worn/broken component(s) on the front suspension. Or possibly motor mounts, or transmission mount. The Z-height needs to be checked and corrected if needed. The Z-height adjustment will put the front end in the correct geometry and level side to side.
I tried viewing your PDF in every possible way Ron it keeps saying improper format! Some input to keep in mind and possibly help Ron, truck was bought bone stock, extremely well taken care of, single owner from Florida with only 60k miles. Right away I had a 6 inch fabtech suspension lift installed and have babied it ever since. Almost certain my mounts shouldn't be an issue and most of the front is newer. It's definitely worth a shot checking though so I'll really go over the front this weekend. If torsions work with an inner spring to could that go bad or weak in the front?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I tried viewing your PDF in every possible way Ron it keeps saying improper format! Some input to keep in mind and possibly help Ron, truck was bought bone stock, extremely well taken care of, single owner from Florida with only 60k miles. Right away I had a 6 inch fabtech suspension lift installed and have babied it ever since. Almost certain my mounts shouldn't be an issue and most of the front is newer. It's definitely worth a shot checking though so I'll really go over the front this weekend. If torsions work with an inner spring to could that go bad or weak in the front?
PM your email address. I will double check to make sure PDF is OK.I tried the link and it works OK for me. Are you trying to open on a phone or a PC? What software?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts