Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen guys putting something in their oil before switching to Schaeffer's to flush out build up from the old oil. What is it you guys use?

Premium Member
IIRC, it was their Neutra + added to the engine oil for a short duration before changing to the 9000 full syn.

It was recommended by them for the switch. Give 'em a shout and verify.
Schaeffer Oil

Note: I have never experienced the 'typewriter tick' on any Dmax with any oil used, dino or syn. However, after using the flush and installing the new oil, it did have the tick for a short while, but it went away. It's never returned with any subsequent 9000 changes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir! I'm gonna be switching to the 9000 full syn. My truck has had the typewritter tick with certain oils dino and syn. I'm going to be changing all fluids in my truck over to Schaeffers

Registered
let me know what you do to flush it out , thats the next oil im going with its a bit pricy but worth it

Premium Member
$$
Not so much when you figure in their oil analysis provided. Be sure to pickup a sample kit from your Dealer when you buy the flush and new 9000. They've been moving me up, my next recommended interval this next change is just shy of 10k miles.

I would highly recommend that you also pick up a Fumoto Valve to install at the same time. humpin:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$$
Not so much when you figure in their oil analysis provided. Be sure to pickup a sample kit from your Dealer when you buy the flush and new 9000. They've been moving me up, my next recommended interval this next change is just shy of 10k miles.

I would highly recommend that you also pick up a Fumoto Valve to install at the same time. humpin:

I've always gone around 5 -6k miles on other synthetics I've ran. But I'm getting my oil online since there's no dealers around my area, so not sure if I get a sample kit with it. It's gonna be weird pouring green oil in my truck haha.

let me know what you do to flush it out , thats the next oil im going with its a bit pricy but worth it
Will do bud. I'm calling Schaeffer tomorrow once I'm back home

Registered
Their oil is green???

Premium Member
Blue
Or rather, the 9000 is.

Premium Member
've always gone around 5 -6k miles on other synthetics I've ran.
Those are all towing miles too. I do change the M1-303 at mid-point though (5k-ish). Although M1's data sheet says they have the extra capacity to run extended syn intervals. They're cheap.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thenissanguy - spoke to them today and they recommend not running the flush if you're not experiencing any engine problems. The detergents they use will clean out everything.

Hook'em_Horns - I'll have to get some sample kits :thumb. The most I'm towing now with my truck is the 4 place sled trailer or plowing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts