Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change my oil on my recently purchased 2004 LLY and I have previously use this oild with great resaults. This was on my gas engine, but they make diesel oil as well. Anyone have experience with this oil and the fuel additive?

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Co-worker owns a LMM and swears Schaeffers is the best, Intrested to know how it compares to Amsoil.

·
Registered
587 Posts
i am running amsoil and after it gets hot from towing my boat nothing really heavy. but iv noticed my oil pressure drops from what it use to be. iv done this twice with 2 diff oil changes. once i change the oil the oil pressure will jump back up till i get the engine hot from towing. the oil thins out with heat. iv talk with a guy that went to a showing where they tested oils. and amsoil has a boiling point of 190 or somthing and schaffer oil boils at 300 somthing. so im switching to schaffer oil next oil change. he switched and hasent had a problem since and also swears by scheaffers oil

·
Vendor
10,957 Posts
i am running amsoil and after it gets hot from towing my boat nothing really heavy. but iv noticed my oil pressure drops from what it use to be. iv done this twice with 2 diff oil changes. once i change the oil the oil pressure will jump back up till i get the engine hot from towing. the oil thins out with heat. iv talk with a guy that went to a showing where they tested oils. and amsoil has a boiling point of 190 or somthing and schaffer oil boils at 300 somthing. so im switching to schaffer oil next oil change. he switched and hasent had a problem since and also swears by scheaffers oil
I forgot to ask when we were talking about this the other day. Did you have your oil analyzed after you found this out? I would be interested to know what the analysis results were to see what the viscosity index is. I tow 7-8k worth of horses or tractors a couple times a month and have never ran into an oil pressure problem.
To the OP, I have never ran Schaeffer's but have heard good things about their products. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I forgot to ask when we were talking about this the other day. Did you have your oil analyzed after you found this out? I would be interested to know what the analysis results were to see what the viscosity index is. I tow 7-8k worth of horses or tractors a couple times a month and have never ran into an oil pressure problem.
To the OP, I have never ran Schaeffer's but have heard good things about their products. Sorry I can't be of more help.
working on it but moneys tight. trying to save money to put roof on my house.

but the oil does not smell like diesel, my flow rates are all with in spec. number four is a little close but its with in spec.

·
Vendor
10,957 Posts
working on it but moneys tight. trying to save money to put roof on my house.

but the oil does not smell like diesel, my flow rates are all with in spec. number four is a little close but its with in spec.
That is fine. I was just curious. It would be interesting to see what they have to say.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have been running Schaeffers for over a year now, now complaints. Oil pressure holds up great compared to rotella t6. I would recommend it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts