Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i could really tell how bad i was getting a light haze of grayish white smoke at idle and checked the oil and its way too clear and thin to be just oil so it wont even give a good reading

called up the stealership to schedule injector diagnostic so the truck is going in monday to be looked at

the idiot "service advisor" not only was unaware of the extended injector warranty on LB7 injectors but also tried to claim that diagnosing balance and return rates would take a few hours of labor and they would need to check multiple things including the fuel pump....right away i knew this guy wasnt the mechanic of the shop but i kept my mouth shut and didnt tell him all you gotta do is hook up the tech2

so anyway the edge is coming out this week and if all goes well ill have new injectors free of charge by the middle of next week

its a week away and i already feel violated that another man is going to work on my truck

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
Hopefully they take care of you under warranty, if not you can come over when I install some 45% overs on my truck and we can do yours at the same time if you'd like.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does a set of them run?

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
I think somewhere around $700-800 to have your new injectors honed depending on the size, mine are from Big Dipper who seems to have a good reputation.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm i dunno about getting a set of 45% overs then but id definitely be up for coming out there t do an install since i have no shop here to do any major work

you coming out to ellensburg in 3 weeks?

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
Yeah you'll be fine with stock injectors, I was just saying we could swap in some new stock ones if they don't cover it for you.

I don't think I'll be able to make it, too busy with work and I just messed my knee up yesterday. Been resting all day hoping I'll be able to work the rest of the week and get caught up, I was hoping to make it to the track that same weekend but that'll have to be put off too.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aw too bad man hopefully that knee heals up for ya

any idea where a guy could get a set of brand new injectors for a decent price? might as well start shopping just in case

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
Let me know if they aren't covered, I think I can get a decent price on gm remans for you.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, if its not covered i can probably get them at jobber cost through my connections but it would still be through this dealer, and if they cant cover it i wont really wanna order from them

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just a few more days before i go in, the edge is coming off tomorrow

anyone have the current TSB and diagnostic procedures? or access to them? i wanna go in with all my information on hand

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just got back from the stealership.....NOT covered, my balance rates are still within spec and even though the technician agrees about the injectors they arent bad enough for GM

he pulled me out to the shop to show me the balance rates test and my #6 injector is the worst at 3.6 WTF!!! so the tech told me to drive the piss outta her and if i come straight back to him he'll retest anytime i want between now and my warranty expiring without paying another $100

so back on goes the edge and goin to town!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the guy saw the velcro on the side of the fusebox but didnt care, and i played stupid just in case, but he was like its not a big deal id still cover it if it fails the test

he ADVISED me to pull off the velcro and get rid of the adhesive thats left behind lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to hear they're not covered for you. Mine's in the shop right now. Should hear back tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eh im gonna drive her like a bat outta hell and hope they go outta spec

1 - 16 of 16 Posts