Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this buddy that got a 04 ext. cab F-250... and like everything he owns, it's the fastest one in the world. Well after weeks of crap talking and back and forth waiting on his custom SCT tuning to be just right, he made the final call out. On my lunch break, I met him on a new concrete bridge (so he can't cry poor traction) and let the old heavy crew cab on 35's put a hurting to the little powerjokes ego. :neener 2- 1/8th mile runs and he never got within 4 lengths, pulling him start to finish. Last night his truck ran 8.74 @ 76mph, but obviously wasn't quick enough. :gearjamin My truck is by no means "fast" but these ford and dodge boys just don't get it... Another one bite the dust! :drink

Registered
Nice kill!

- Adam

Registered
Sweeeeettt kill ! So you beat him with the Bully Dog on Extreme or.....?

Registered
Nice, efil-ive tunes yet and you'll really show him what's up!

Registered
Nice!! im also wondering if your running bully dog??

Registered
What psi did you launch at to run that time?

Registered

Registered
If the ford ran that time in the 1/8 and you beat him by 4 lengths you should be low 13's in the 1/4. With a crew cab on 35's and a ranch hand bumper running a bully dog?

Registered
If the ford ran that time in the 1/8 and you beat him by 4 lengths you should be low 13's in the 1/4. With a crew cab on 35's and a ranch hand bumper running a bully dog?
Yeah that seems pretty crazy. :cookoo[1]: when i had my buly dog on it was slow as hell

Jank-A-Lank
8.74 is no slouch. after all as soon as you run -8.0 you are required to wear a helmet. i ran a 9.1 lifted 35's with efi live 150hp to the wheel tune, launching at 15 psi. so for you to beat him by 4 lengths in the 1/8.. 4 lengths.. im a believer not a doubter, but i believe im gonna need to see some video. craaaazy larry.

Registered
I run 8.2's and I barely touch 12's, 8.78 is closer to a low 14 than low 13 in he 1/4. These trucks don't pick up as much on the last Half as a car would, especially without liftpumps. The time isn't that far off from what I've seen a bully dog do. Also the psd probably didn't do as well as it did at it's best because of many factors(driver, traction, temp, etc)
Also never seen a psd 6.0 run a low 14/high 13 with just an sct tune though..
So your buddy is either lying about the Track time or the mods..
Either way a kill is a kill! Good job!

Registered
Nice job

Sent from my DROIDX

Registered
I run 8.2's and I barely touch 12's, 8.78 is closer to a low 14 than low 13 in he 1/4. These trucks don't pick up as much on the last Half as a car would, especially without liftpumps. The time isn't that far off from what I've seen a bully dog do. Also the psd probably didn't do as well as it did at it's best because of many factors(driver, traction, temp, etc)
Also never seen a psd 6.0 run a low 14/high 13 with just an sct tune though..
So your buddy is either lying about the Track time or the mods..
Either way a kill is a kill! Good job!
A 6.0 with just a good sct tune will run low 14's all day long, high 13's to 14 flat depending on cab/box configuration etc. I'm not doubting he beat him, I just find it hard to belive he pulled 4 lengths on him in the 1/8th if the ford is running an 8.74.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
We were obviously running slower on the street than his track times... We were in 2wd, low boost launch (or Atleast I was to hook up) so im not arguing there were plenty of variables that brought on me outrunning his truck.... I was at maybe like 5-7lbs on the launch and rolling in it, both of us were spinning well through 2nd gear... I was running mine on crazy larry and his was on the extreme race tune or whatever they call it... But from the move I pulled him both times to the end... so I'm really curious to see what mine will run now after I install the kryptonite parts that I have still sitting in the shop and on some stock size tires in 4wd... But I have to admit I was a little nervous but my ol faithful gmc pulled it off and got em knocked off his pedestal so I'm still stoked about!! Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts