Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I took my truck in to get an oil change about a month ago and ever since I've been receiving an error message on the DIC indicating my SD card has been removed. Because of this the vehicle navigation is no longer working. When I select it the below message comes up. While I use apple CarPlay primarily for navigation, it's really nice having the speed limit display on the HUD and DIC.

I've tried the process in other threads of shutting the car off, opening the door, waiting for the green light to shut off for onstar, pulling the card out, sliding the SD card lock. I did try the process both times up and down. Did not work.

Any ideas why all of a sudden this would have happened?

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car

· Premium Member
2022 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Sport
680 Posts
Someone had discussed this before.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone had discussed this before.

Yep that's the thread I found with a potential solution, but my problem appears to be different. I'm not sure if my iDash has something to do with it or not since Onstar isn't registering, maybe the nav system is having issues too?

· Premium Member
2022 Silverado 2500HD CC Z71 Sport
680 Posts
Yep that's the thread I found with a potential solution, but my problem appears to be different. I'm not sure if my iDash has something to do with it or not since Onstar isn't registering, maybe the nav system is having issues too?
I read through it and saw the same procedure you did. I was following it just in case. Someone else had an issue also with positive outcome. Dealer visit and got it corrected.

Reactions: Campingfamco

· Registered
2022 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD High Country
109 Posts
My screen shows a notification every time the truck is turned on. I don't have the warning on the screen, just a 1 circled in the lower right corner. If I tap on it, it just says "SD Card"
Everything works as it should. It is just annoying there is a constant error notification.

· Registered
481 Posts
My screen shows a notification every time the truck is turned on. I don't have the warning on the screen, just a 1 circled in the lower right corner. If I tap on it, it just says "SD Card"
Everything works as it should. It is just annoying there is a constant error notification.
That’s not an error notification, that is telling you how many devices are hooked up to the radio. Plug your phone in and that number will change to a ”2”, then tap on it and it will show the name of your phone and SD card.

· Registered
109 Posts
That’s not an error notification, that is telling you how many devices are hooked up to the radio. Plug your phone in and that number will change to a ”2”, then tap on it and it will show the name of your phone and SD card.
sure about that? why does it say "SD Card" in the notifications? i can tap on it and trash the notification and the 1 circled goes away. phone is still connected

· Registered
2022 GMC 3500 CCLB SRW Denali
200 Posts
sure about that? why does it say "SD Card" in the notifications? i can tap on it and trash the notification and the 1 circled goes away. phone is still connected
That’s because you’ve safely removed the SD card and can remove it from the system safely without corrupting the data. The SD card is now ejected even if you didn’t physically remove it.

· Registered
109 Posts
That’s because you’ve safely removed the SD card and can remove it from the system safely without corrupting the data. The SD card is now ejected even if you didn’t physically remove it.
no, i'm not hitting the eject icon on the screen. just hitting the trash icon for the notification

· Registered
200 Posts
no, i'm not hitting the eject icon on the screen. just hitting the trash icon for the notification
So I played around with it a little today. I think that notification is just there to let you know a SD card was inserted. Like you turn on the truck it scans all the ports then mounts it and for whatever reason gives you a notification. Since you are right the eject button is separate.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess we'll see what the dealer says tomorrow. Just strange I received this message after I got my oil changed and it keeps coming up every time I start the truck. Plus the Nav doesn't work. Think it's possible someone took my nav card out of the truck and put a bad one in?

· Registered
200 Posts
I guess we'll see what the dealer says tomorrow. Just strange I received this message after I got my oil changed and it keeps coming up every time I start the truck. Plus the Nav doesn't work. Think it's possible someone took my nav card out of the truck and put a bad one in?
Possibly, I think its more likely it just got corrupted somehow when they were doing the oil change. Like it lost power when the truck was reading data from it.

· Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,654 Posts
I had the exact issue just about a month ago. The dealership replaced the card, it was corrupted beyond repair, I suspect it was from an update that either failed or I shut the truck off when it was in progress without knowing it was updating. Never touched the card before that happened, just one day had the error message of sdcard removed and no maps or speed limit icons.

· Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,654 Posts
Doubt they swapped the card, each one is coded to your Vin, so it would give you a different error. This just sounds like the card failed to me.

· Registered
2022 2500HD High Country
1,654 Posts
Well, that makes two of us now that have had the cards fail, at least on this forum. Lots more on the camaro and a few other forums that I found when researching the issue we had.

Reactions: Campingfamco
1 - 16 of 16 Posts