Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wonder how long it takes for ARP to come out with head studs for these?

3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I've got a few of the factory 14mm bolts on my desk, the 6.6's have more bolts per head but they are 12mm. I think we'll be ok but we'll find out.

Reactions: wolfpackjames

·
Registered
923 Posts
Subd for this. Always wanted a diesel mini truck.

3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
How much can you get out of the stock turbo before EGTs get unreasonable?
Stock turbo with a mild tune reaches 1,800+* in a hurry at 28psi. (this is an Isspro probe, not the factory probe that reads much lower)

With this twin setup, we see max of 1175* on the same exact tune at 50psi boost and 69psi drive pressure. I believe if the stock turbo wasn't as restrictive on the turbine side, drive pressure numbers would be even better, although that is also part of why it spools so quick.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Scott, What's your thoughts on the stock tranny holding the twins and tuning? Is it such a lower hp/torque rating than the big trucks that you aren't concerned with it, or does someone already have plans for a built tranny?

3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Scott, What's your thoughts on the stock tranny holding the twins and tuning? Is it such a lower hp/torque rating than the big trucks that you aren't concerned with it, or does someone already have plans for a built tranny?
Honestly, I don't know yet. Mike L does I'm sure! I do have some Raybesto's clutches as well as pressure upgrades here, but that is something to address down the road.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sub'd for more updates!

·
Registered
18,028 Posts
Gonna be a killer thread, one of a kind for sure!

·
Registered
256 Posts
subd!

·
Registered
361 Posts
So much want for one as a daily driver.

Reactions: DieselCrumpler

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
badass build!

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
way cool and great work.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Great work Scott! Did you post this on any Colorado forum yet? Just curious to see their reactions!

3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
way cool and great work.
I heard from Mike that you guys may be getting one or two :grin2:

Great work Scott! Did you post this on any Colorado forum yet? Just curious to see their reactions!
I did, a bit of interest there.

On another note, we did get some tie rod sleeves on it today! I guess that means we have to do some 4wd launches.

Attachments

Reactions: Gusdieselboy

·
Registered
18,028 Posts
I'm gonna need to ride in it when I come up to PA Scott. Gearjammin!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'd like this truck as a daily driver but not sure I want to go so far as twins. Any chance of a milder package with the stock turbo, delete, small power boost?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Sub'd! This is cool, but bad for me! The woman has been all wet about getting one of these. Says her WRX is going bye bye! I see what I'll be working on next. I said no go until there's deletes and tunes available, then we'll see. We both work at Chevy dealerships, so it's only a matter of time. Will be following this closely, keep up the progress, cuz this is neat!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm very excited to see this turn out. I just got mine after waiting 3 months and I can't find anything for it yet. Scott will you be producing any of your parts for sale?
I'm ready!

41 - 60 of 143 Posts