Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my egr delete up pipes and got my lml manifold. How terrible is the install gonna be? Feel free to rate it in busted knuckles, beer needed, or profanity used. I guess hours will work too

Thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
X2 on the downpipe. Have some ratcheting wrenches. Subd for lml install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad I left that out I got the down pipe from sdp also. I've got tools and sweetmax07 to help he's a mechanic so that helps. We put a down pipe on my lly and it wasn't the easiest thing but I'm mainly concerned with the up pipe and manifold bolts.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come on now any tips or note to selfs?? Also did any of you notice a difference doing all of this at once??

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Come on now any tips or note to selfs?? Also did any of you notice a difference doing all of this at once??
If you want to take some pictures throught the process if like to see it. I've been thinking of doing something like this but I'm not sure if take more than I want to get involved in.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I suck at getting pics on here but I think I will take a few on this one may even post a few tips if any are discovered.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I aim on doing all my own work including my motor build( minus machining). Hell anybody can buy a fast truck I like building as much of mine as I can...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Check by Build thread(link in my sig) complete DIY with pics for EGR delete ,uppipes, pretty much all of my mods in sig. If I can help anymore just let me know

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks man pictures never hurt

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
For my LLY UpPipes was a hoe to do. Get yourself a breaker bar that will help and lots of yield.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got all my parts just haven't had time to tear into it yet. Funny how work always gets in the way of play. On the plus side I might get to hit the track one time before I do these upgrades then hit it after. I think it would be interesting to see if I get any gains.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ImageUploadedByAG Free1365214954.224735.jpg

I know the reaction time sucks and it may not have been the best it could be but there it is 8.4
As soon as I get a chance to do these mods ill go back and run again and post for those interested.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ImageUploadedByAG Free1367036858.001866.jpg edit new best 1/8 track times. Fouled on the 8.2 run. Still haven't done the egr delete down pipe and up pipes and lml manifold, but planning on starting either Sunday evening or Monday morning then ill get back to the track and see if I notice any gains.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Guys, what is the point in the lml manifold? Watd it cost u if i may ask?
Would it help my set up?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The drivers side manifold on pre 2011 trucks have an indention where they come by the steering shaft which makes them only flow about 80% as much as the passenger side. The lml manifold does not have this indention so it supposedly evens out the air flow. I like the idea of it not being restricted and for $80 bucks Its a cheaper upgrade.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The drivers side manifold on pre 2011 trucks have an indention where they come by the steering shaft which makes them only flow about 80% as much as the passenger side. The lml manifold does not have this indention so it supposedly evens out the air flow. I like the idea of it not being restricted and for $80 bucks Its a cheaper upgrade.

How hard is the install? Would rob need to retune if i did that?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ill get back to you on the install I still haven't had time to do mine. No retuning needed for manifold.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally got started today. Should be able to finish tomorrow. Worst part of the manifold is the up pipe bolts. There is a lot of tight on them for such a small bolt. Nuts holding the egr cooler to the riser on factory up pipe sucked too. Took some trial and error to get a few of them out but all I lack is the top up pipe bolts and removing old down pipe to finish tearing it down. Then gotta put it all back together. Took a few pictures ill post.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts