Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHY HAS NOBODY TOLD ME OF THIS!!!!!! i just found this s475 over stock sdp kit..... im getting a built trans in a month or so. then turbo time and all i am wonting is stock spool up COLD egts and around 550hp will i need aftermarket injectors? and will this setup be reliable. i know lift pump is needed but im getting it here pretty quick as well as gauges, and when i say cold egts im talking nothing over 13-1400 if possible

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Stock injectors will be fine unless you have some extra money and wanna upgrade them. Thats the same kit I have an egt's are never a problem.

·
Administrator
16,862 Posts
I would try to upgrade the injectors while you're in there if funds allow, you'll need a lift pump and gauges as you mentioned.

Scott at SDP makes a really nice Compound kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
where did you see the kit for 1200? i just have seen it for 3700, or im i looking at something completely different?

·
Registered
23 Posts
thank god im not the only one then

·
Administrator
16,862 Posts
1200 is the degrees of EGTs not the kit price.

·
Registered
590 Posts
i read that wrong too.... i wish i could find a twin kit for 1200 lol

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Never seen more than 1150 here with my twins.

Stock injectors are just fine for an S475/stock kit to get you 550HP.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,754 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
not to sure, but i think it deletes it

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Anybody know? Can't seem to get this answered maybe ill just give Scott a call or who is it that runs MPI?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Hallelujah we have a straight answer! Thanks Dustin now I have to figure out the best route and it may still be twins depends on a couple of things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts