Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the sdp twins project is complete can't really get on her yet during one of my test runs the upper hose on my mbrp 3'' hot pipe decided to explode so waiting on a variety of parts to see how i'm going to address this running the stock hot side pipe for now but a little gun shy to put to much pressure on that stock 60 dgr boot why in gods name gm uses a 2 3/8 outlet on the stock turbo is beyond me nobody makes 2 3/8 x 3'' hoses well i have i fix in mind parts should be here friday from cali and let me say Scott has the patients of a saint thanks bud i appreciate it

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
I'm still knock on wood running the stock hot pipe and boots on my truck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i had my mbrp 3inch pipe on my dmax blow off all the time when i layed on mine and made 40lbs just had to clamp the shit out of it.

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it didn't just blow off it blew apart it started to fail at the clamp horizontaly then once that started it was catastrophic right down long ways my plan is to weld on a piece to extend the pipe so it's closer to the turbo outlet that way i can use a 3'' long hose instead of the 5'' long one mbrp gives you

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
Couple things:

1. Isn't the MBRP hot side pipe the same as the AFE one? If so, how in gods name did that thing come off? My AFE pipe basically touches metal to metal on each connection and the boots are small.

2. On another note, I ran the stock hot pipe for a couple months and layed into it all the time with Robs Max Effort tune....never an issue.

·
Registered
352 Posts
my hot pipe doesnt rub anywhere on my truck. i found the stock pipe was more or a bitch to get out than my mbrp pipe.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couple things:

1. Isn't the MBRP hot side pipe the same as the AFE one? If so, how in gods name did that thing come off? My AFE pipe basically touches metal to metal on each connection and the boots are small.

2. On another note, I ran the stock hot pipe for a couple months and layed into it all the time with Robs Max Effort tune....never an issue.
it must be a little different becuase the mbrp one there's about an 1.5'' - 2'' gap between the pipe and the turbo outlet i think this is the issue with it it leaves to much hose vulnerable to ballooning up

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe i just got a faulty hose wouldn't suprise me with my luck also you know how it goes every truck is different

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hoping it was just a bad hose. Thats one of the many things on my todo list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts