Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Tennessee, I have an 08 LMM. Looking to do a downpipe back dpf delete. I would like to have two tunes on a dsp5 switch. Can I have someone do that for me or send an auto cal that I can use to flash the truck then send back? What do yall think is my best route?

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Due the EPA crackdown on tunes, I seriously doubt that you will get much feedback on your question in an open forum as most tuners have gone "underground".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Due the EPA crackdown on tunes, I seriously doubt that you will get much feedback on your question in an open forum as most tuners have gone "underground".
Any idea on where a good place to find someone who might know more would be? PM me if you'd like to keep it off the form.

·
Registered
989 Posts
If you can't find any, don't worry too much, the LMM does run well as-is with the emissions componants in place, and EPA friendly tunes. I ran the Hypertec Max Energy on my 08 LMM and it did great. Their tunes won't limp the thing at least not that I experienced. But if you go anything more than what the max energy puts out, you are going to want to look into some serious tranny and other upgrades as the Allison won't take more than 100-150+ HP tune before limping it. It's a great tranny but it was engineered for certain peramaters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts