Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this whole forum thing, but I am looking for some assistance. I just bought a new '07 Duramax. I looked through the owners manuel to find out how to shut off the seat belt alert, but could not. I know on past years vehicles it listed how. It sure does get annoying sometimes... Anyone???

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
wear you seatbelt?????????
I was going to say that too...I am a believer in wearing the seatbelt....Had one save my life in a rollover a few years back....it was the only thing that kept me inside the cab.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't even notice it much anymore. That is provided that they are the same from 05 to current.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to be the same way, wearing only on the highway and to avoid a ticket. Last accident it probably saved me from serious injury or even worse. The worst was sitting still in turn lane in company van with belt on as per company policy. Was hit sort of t-boned in rear driver, van spun more than 3 times with rear doors flying open, all tools scattered in different directions some more than 200 feet away. That could have been me too, and I was less than 3 miles from my house.

Hope everyone here clicks the belt, it is not you most likely but the other idiot that causes the need for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I want to know how to shut it off too because I get in and out of the truck a lot opening gates and various other things off pavement that don't require a seat belt for saftey reasons. In these cases it would be nice not to have the chiming

1 - 11 of 11 Posts