Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 duramax has a really annoying squeaking sound coming from the seat belt. Where the seat belt goes in and out from the seat is where the sound is coming from. I was wondering how can i take the seat belt out or gain access to it so i can lube it up to get away the squeak. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ok so I just fixed mine! Its soooo annoying. Someone told me to use White lithium grease. I found it at Autozone or any other parts store. Then pull on the plastic cover. It has a securing clip on each side. I started on the side closest to the window with a flat tip screw driver and gently push twards the passenger side and out. Should come out easy. Once its loose just slide it down the seatbelt and you can see the rollers that the seat belt rolls on. Spray some grease or WD40 on the rollers. Make sure you use the little straw and try not to get any on the seat belt. I rolled my seat belt in and out while I sprayed a little on both sides and worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Awesome man! That helps me out so much cuz mine does it too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
mine did it too, I sprayed john deere super lube [ its clear] very carefully with tube attached to can in threw the cover to both sides of the roller, no more sqeak, woo hoo!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I will have to do this too...mine is getting super annoying.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I have no more squeaks now...Also replaced the stupid intermediate shaft that was rattling ALL THE TIME!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts