Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with my seat heaters. Most of the time when I turn my drivers side on, the lights will stay on for a couple of seconds then turn off.

I would assume it's just an issue with the driver's side seat but when I turn the passengers side on the lights stay on until I turn the driver's side on then the passenger's side turns off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
My guess would be you have a short in the wire from your front seat to the power source. And when you turn it on...after the power kicks on....you might have bare wire somewhere shorting the connection. And as for the passenger side staying on until you turn the drivers side on...The drivers side is probably kicking a "fail safe" in the power system and shutting both sides down. Either that or your heater is going bad.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, i'll run it down to the dealer next time I have a day off.

Kevin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kevin
sounds like the heater element in the drivers seat cusion is bad
I have changed many of them

·
Registered
315 Posts
just make sure if it gets cold out u at least have some heat that work out the vents...lol !!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, i'll run it down to the dealer next time I have a day off.

Kevin
All the controls, electronics, are in the driver door. I lost all function in the passenger door and the control module in the driver door needed to be replaced. Ouch on the price, over $500 for the part. I had no window, locks or heat control.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kevin
sounds like the heater element in the drivers seat cusion is bad
I have changed many of them
Is there any way to test the element before I go through the trouble of replacing it. I noticed the seat does heat up for a couple of seconds before the light goes out, so it is working just not staying on.

All the controls, electronics, are in the driver door. I lost all function in the passenger door and the control module in the driver door needed to be replaced. Ouch on the price, over $500 for the part. I had no window, locks or heat control.
Since all my other electronics work properly I would hope that I won't need a new control module.

just make sure if it gets cold out u at least have some heat that work out the vents...lol !!!
Tell me about it, I carpool with a guy who keeps turning it on and telling me about how nice and warm his seat is :mad:, so I just push the drivers side button and his shuts off :moon. I guess there are advantages to having this problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having the same thing with my 04, sometimes it works and sometimes it will not. I am also having a problem with the wipers, when you turn them on they will not go off. Leave it overnight and the next day they will be off , but if you turn them on again they stay on.:confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is probably a reflash issue. Pretty big problem with them in the 03-05

·
Registered
44 Posts
im having the same seat problem but only when the truck is cold. after i drive it for a bit and its blowing hot air out the vents they dont turn off and i can run both seats at the same time. also my heater will only blow out hot air if i put it on 90... even if i just knock it down to 89 it blows cold? any ideas

·
Registered
49 Posts
also my heater will only blow out hot air if i put it on 90... even if i just knock it down to 89 it blows cold? any ideas
That is also covered in the reflash, I have had that problem in all 3 of my Dmax trucks. The NBS is not different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts