Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was just wondering if leather seats out of a 2013 would fit in my 2006.i am aware most anything will fit if you try but i was wondering if anyone else has tried this?thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
exactly....what are you going to do about seatbelts...........

Im not trying to be a dick, but does no one think things through before they ask a question anymore? The seatbelt thing is literally staring you right in the face.

ben

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you brother for your reply..i did not know this about the seatbelts as i have a 2006..yup dura you are a dick..as i stated mines a 06 how the hell do i know where the seatbelts are in a 12?if you can't help, keep your mouth shut.problem solved,no they won't..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ben, next time save your genius intellect for more complex questions. Forums were developed for asking questions, getting answers and helping members out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks bart.shit if i knew they wouldn't work i wouldn't have asked..anyways thats one good looking truck you have..

·
Most Known Unknown
29,682 Posts
and technically

and i say TECHNICALLY very loud (can you hear the loudness)(does it burn)

if you just had a lap belt modifed to work off the seat or mounting bracket on the left side (driver side) of the seat and the AIR BAG did its job during an accident, the chest strap might not be such a bad idea to leave out

everyone is different, i think i could live without the chest strap if i was doing something custom like that, i wouldnt let it break the deal or idea!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ben, next time save your genius intellect for more complex questions. Forums were developed for asking questions, getting answers and helping members out.
Agreed. :rofl

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea jw i agree but up here in canada we would be stopped by the cops constantly..The lap belts worked fine in my old 70's chev truck, but they have a law that says anything newer needs a shoulder belt..I don't know about you but i hate getting stopped.haha..

·
Most Known Unknown
29,682 Posts
well

if it was a single cab id fab piece of square tubing that bolted to the floor in the general area where the seats bolt down and have it curve to the shape of the seat and come up so far (between the seat and body plastic between doors) to where you could attached the seat belt that way

but you have a crew cab so that makes it more interesting and difficult, at least for me

in a single cab it wouldnt matter if there was a nice looking bar there with a loop up top for the strap, because you wouldnt see much of it!!

any ideas anyone?!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a pic of my truck i just uploaded..O yes where there is a will there is a way.I want to do a few upgrades and change out the seats for heated leather ones..Nothing like sitting on a warm seat in the winter if you know what i mean.haha.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Uncle Bo

·
Registered
165 Posts
Get some out of a lt3 or slt in the same style. 06-07 I know are the same and all the way back to 03 or maybe 01 are probably the same as well. I was going to look for some at salvage yards because I want both driver and passenger automatic adjustments.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts