Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had my first pull last weekend and I left my EFI on stage 5 (150hp) tune and half way down the track my EGT's hit 1800degrees Huh?! and a check engine light came on so I pretty much had no choice but to shut er down ! at 247' my friend (also on the forum esepy34) with his LLY ended up also pulling and doing well coming in 3rd at 288' .

After the pull I uses my CTS insight to read the code that my truck showed it ended up being "fuel rail pressure to low" (the code was like P084 dont quote me on that I cant remember for sure).... So anyway after some research we found that the pressure relief shim kit should help so I ordered it (havent got it yet though) I also ordered ported fuel rails :)

So last night was our second pull I ended up lowering my tune to stage 4 (120hp) tune and my EGT's didnt go over 1500degrees and no code was thrown :D and I ended up pulling 308' which put me in second place :rockin!!!!
espey34 also pulled in this pull he was trying out some diffrent pull techniques that didnt work out for him .... now our rivalry is at full throatle lol

I was wondering if anyone had some tips so that I can pull in stage 5 with out overheating or throwing any engine codes I hope the shim kit and fuel rails help with the pressure problem and then I was thinking water meth and maybe just using straight water just to keep the EGT's down !!! any pointers would be helpfull thanks I have to try and win our rivalry lol

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Depends on where u are but most sled pulls dont allow injectables.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've herd that but I havent ever seen them actually check ...

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yeah....Friggen cheater! haha

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
1800* is weak. I use to hit 2000* every pull for a year. Yep water/meth is not allowed but if they don't tech then there fault. You could run straight water.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shut up Jeff lol

ya i was thinking just running water I only really need the cooling not the extra power ...
plus when guys add weight after the scales Im not to worried about cheating at a local fair haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts