Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
not to come off as stupid but what does all that mean? at work cant take time to read it all... i live on the east side of the hill and i've never heard of testing over here as it is :neener

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Good for you guys! time for straight pipes:)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Testing?? What testing? Hahahaha!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yup, it will be a phased approach. Diesel and gas emissions testing to be completely gone by 2020.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Yup, it will be a phased approach. Diesel and gas emissions testing to be completely gone by 2020.
Dude that is awesome!!! Gas too!!???

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not to come off as stupid but what does all that mean? at work cant take time to read it all... i live on the east side of the hill and i've never heard of testing over here as it is :neener
Here's the meat of it-

"
Other provisions in WAC 173-422A include:

Requiring that all testing to be done online with the state contractor’s computer system.

Exempting all light-duty diesel vehicles and the heavy-duty diesel vehicles that meet the EPA 2007 exhaust emission standards or are equipped with an exhaust particle filter.

Using the same test standards for all 1995 model year and older gasoline vehicles.

Requiring the OBD monitor(s) that detected a problem on the initial test be ready for a passing retest.

Permitting a repair waiver for vehicles unable to be retested.

No longer requiring listed automotive repair businesses to have an exhaust analyzer. They will be required to have an OBD scan tool with full diagnostic capabilities.
"

·
Registered
12 Posts
That doesn't really help me today....

I went through the sniffer (snap) testing today and I had a reading of 70%.
The max allowed is no greater than 40%.
I had it on the cleaned up stock tune, but still failed...
Anyone have any great ideas or try to fool the ECM with a redline of like 2000 RPM?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's great, but it states diesel vehicles that meet 2007 standards that include dpf and cats...
Should I wait until July?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Where is testing done in Wa? I grew up in Snohomish county, and don't remember any testing there or surroundign counties.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nearly everywhere now.
I'm in southwest wa just north of Portland.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Where is testing done in Wa? I grew up in Snohomish county, and don't remember any testing there or surroundign counties.
Clark, snohomish, pierce, spokane and king counties have testing but only in certain zip codes I guess. Not all of WA though. Whatcom county and skagit have no testing

·
Registered
68 Posts
lucky, now only if Colorado would do the same. There are only a couple of counties here that don't do emissions...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
That poor state used to be a nice place, until them fucking kalifornicators moved up and ruined it with their sodom and gamorah pinko commie agenda.

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
It's all those west siders, it's pretty nice here in the 509 :rockin

However every year there is a bill that some try to push through that would put hefty taxes on us depending on motor size in our Ag equipment :cookoo[1]:

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Yup, all vehicles. Emissions testing centers will be gone by 2020!
not to sound like a dick but that takes away jobs if you think about it, yea its a pain in the ass when u have upgrades but i never woulda been hired where i work if i didnt have a smog license :cookoo[1]:

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
That poor state used to be a nice place, until them fucking kalifornicators moved up and ruined it with their sodom and gamorah pinko commie agenda.
WOAH!! not all of us are like that lol there are still a few of us left that are red if u know what i mean :thumb

1 - 20 of 24 Posts