Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
what he said...but in my opinion your next step from a PPE standard is EFI live..seems to me you will kind of be taking a step backwards...but it is what it is.

......welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
efi

Does efi live have settings? Can I program it? Why is it better, I dont like the black soot from PPE, Banks says they dont make clouds and run cooler exhaust temps....Was the level kit a hard install ?I just cranked up the torsion bars.....JIM

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
These guys are right, if you want any more power than stock, you'll get a little smoke most of the time, and higher EGT's as well. It takes fuel to make power, and more fuel means more heat inevitably. However a good EFI Live tune can get you some very nice power and with none or at least very little smoke. And it will have better driveability and smoother shifting than the PPE, and definitely better than Banks.

-Jesse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.