Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2006 LLY Duramax? Are you aware that your engine is exactly the same as the higher horsepower 2006 LBZ engine with a different tuning file in the engine computer? If you are willing to drive to my home in Michigan, I will upgrade your 2006 LLY ECM tune to the 2006/7 LBZ ECM tune freeing up approximently 50 H.P., 100 Lb. Ft. and 2 MPG. The best part is that the tuning is consistent with GM factory parameters, no aftermarket stuff hanging off of your dashboard, no worries about damaging your transmission with too much power, no need to keep an eye on additional gauges, great reliability/driveability in all conditions and covered under warranty by GM at any dealer nationwide. I will email (or place on a flashdrive) the factory tune out of your truck after the process is complete, that way you can retain your stock LLY tune should you ever want it again. Price is $300 and it will take about an hour once you get the vehicle to me.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i was wondering when someone would come out with this..

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
after you tune them like this are they same as a stock tune(is the warranty voided)and are you able to put a tuner on the same ECM with this LBZ upgrade or is it vin locked..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after you tune them like this are they same as a stock tune(is the warranty voided)and are you able to put a tuner on the same ECM with this LBZ upgrade or is it vin locked..
The tune will contain the same parameters as the stock LBZ tune, the tech at the dealership will find it very hard, if not impossible to know that it has been modified with the Tech 2. The ECM will still show a LBZ ECM with a LLY tune so all will look stock according to the VIN information.

I can lock the ECM if you want me to but typically I do not. To answer your question, yes, with the VIN unlocked you can add any tune/tuner you want on top of the LBZ tune.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
The tune will contain the same parameters as the stock LBZ tune, the tech at the dealership will find it very hard, if not impossible to know that it has been modified with the Tech 2. The ECM will still show a LBZ ECM with a LLY tune so all will look stock according to the VIN information.

I can lock the ECM if you want me to but typically I do not. To answer your question, yes, with the VIN unlocked you can add any tune/tuner you want on top of the LBZ tune.
thanks,thats what i wanted to know..

·
Registered
33 Posts
LOL what a joke.....

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I've been doing this for two years. I would really like to see a LBZ ecm vin locked, you cannot do it with EFI Live.

Good luck, if it were me I'm not sure I would trust someone that doesn't know the product they are using enough to know the basics.

Good luck, become a vendor and people might take you seriously.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My thoughts exactly - you need to be a forum to offer your services here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.