Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
2009 Silverado 2500 HD, about 250k, 4x4, automatic.

Since about 2 months I'm having problems with sensors reporting problems which don't seem to exist.

At first it was the 'Check tire pressure' on left front wheel, said it is completely flat, but it wasn't. While driving the pressure of that tire, as per dash, increased to higher pressure then the front right wheel. Happens more often lately.

2 weeks ago the "Service Airbag" warning came on additionally to the tire. That's a constant warning now.

1 week ago the "Service Traction control" was added to the lineup. This one is still intermittent.

I haven't hooked up the code reader yet to see what shows. Was wondering though if this is a common problem with Sensors going haywire and maybe points into a certain direction of faulty electrical?
Oh and maybe by coincidence before all this started the driver side window (electrical) didn't want to roll down, rebooted the truck a couple times, didn't help. Next day it worked again just fine for whatever reason.

The truck had no work done to it in recent years, wasn't in an accident, wasn't under water and wasn't tinkered with for all that we know, tires haven't been changed in about 1 1/2 years either. Just saying, to rule out any recent mistakes which could cause all this.
'dunno;

LHN...We ARE the Joneses
Voltage and ground issues can cause many ghosts unrelated to the spook-ee sensor.

Might try the basics, load test the batteries separate from one another, check grounds.
Failing batts (or 1 in the pair) can cause all kinds of weird things to pop up.

Registered
Hi there,
2009 Silverado 2500 HD, about 250k, 4x4, automatic.

Since about 2 months I'm having problems with sensors reporting problems which don't seem to exist.

At first it was the 'Check tire pressure' on left front wheel, said it is completely flat, but it wasn't. While driving the pressure of that tire, as per dash, increased to higher pressure then the front right wheel. Happens more often lately.

2 weeks ago the "Service Airbag" warning came on additionally to the tire. That's a constant warning now.

1 week ago the "Service Traction control" was added to the lineup. This one is still intermittent.

I haven't hooked up the code reader yet to see what shows. Was wondering though if this is a common problem with Sensors going haywire and maybe points into a certain direction of faulty electrical?
Oh and maybe by coincidence before all this started the driver side window (electrical) didn't want to roll down, rebooted the truck a couple times, didn't help. Next day it worked again just fine for whatever reason.

The truck had no work done to it in recent years, wasn't in an accident, wasn't under water and wasn't tinkered with for all that we know, tires haven't been changed in about 1 1/2 years either. Just saying, to rule out any recent mistakes which could cause all this.
'dunno;
it could be a lot of different things and without more to go on its hard to narrow them down. Given the truck is not that old, and the apparent wide spread nature of the issue my best guess would be a ground distribution issue, most likely a floating ground at the BCM. Id check the battery terminals for corrosion / loose lugs and check the frame, engine and body grounds for the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts