Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on how to change my 84 v-belts over to the 87-91 serpentine belt set up

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
You need all the brackets and accessories off of one with the serp setup.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If its a small block chevy just go to a junk yard and find one with the serpentine set up it shouldn't be too hard to find one they made lots of those trucks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If its a small block chevy just go to a junk yard and find one with the serpentine set up it shouldn't be too hard to find one they made lots of those trucks.

its a 6.2 Diesel and what about the water pump is it not a reverse flow with the serpentine set up and will that pump just bolt up to a 84 set up?

·
Registered
34 Posts
its a 6.2 Diesel and what about the water pump is it not a reverse flow with the serpentine set up and will that pump just bolt up to a 84 set up?
Yes, the serpentine belt water pump is reverse flow as to the v-belt pump... You'll need the backing plate that the pump bolts to as well as the pump and then it will just bolt up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im also really interested in doing the serp swap but im a newbie and im confused now. did the 6.2 ever come factory with a serp belt? it that what i need to complete the swap or do i find a 6.5? if so i will need a water pump from a newer 6.2 or one from a 6.5 (are they the same?)? will the accessories from a small block bolt to the front of the engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts