Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does any one have a diagram to how the belt is supposed to go.......anda easier way to put it on mine fell off while doing donuts with my friend

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You don't have the belt routing under the hood? I do have a couple of pics, but they aren't the normal belt routing pics. I can take a picture of my routing label if you can't get it figured out, but I am going to post a pic of both california emissions and federal. This should get you close, but I don't know how much the belt routing changed between the LB7 and LBZ.

Federal emissions:

California emissions:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot me and my friend are going to try and fix it so i do not have to get it towed because GM products dont belond on the back of tow trucks

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was screwing around and doing some drifting and i blew off the track. i had no diagram so me and my friend had to figure out how to put it back. until ob sent me theh routing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Drifting with a Duramax....sweet! I'd love to see some pics of that!

·
Registered
38 Posts
one of my pulley wheels is bent and it fell off in stop and go rush hour traffic yesterday.... huge pain. how the **** did the wheel bend? its the one clockwise along the belt from the alternator. it is completely seized... now i have to go out in the -5ºf and attempt to fix it... havent ever needed to change a belt before do i need a special torque wrench for the tensioner arm?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just slap a 3/8 drive socket driver in the tensioner to move it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.