Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2009 LMM and having issue with trailer error on display in dash. Recently wired tandem sled trailer all new electric brake set up. Towed couple of times and no issues worked fine. Last time I hauled I had error come up on display and then the trailer brake stops working, sometimes shut down truck and restart it goes away. Towed 600kms yesterday and no issue, stopped for fuel, start up and service trailer brake error on display again!!! Anyone had this issue before, when truck is disconnected from trailer no issues. Check trailer with a friends 2018 Duramax and no issues on his display and trailer brakes work fine. Thoughts or concerns are welcome

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
If the DIC message is SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM, the problem is definitely with your truck. There are many posts about this problem and many possible problems and many possible fixes, so search and read and find the answers. Try to understand the circumstances that are present when the message appears, i.e. cold wet weather, after stopping for fuel, etc. Is your ABS light on in the dash? Have you scanned for codes? When you get the SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM message and restart the truck, are you seeing a TRAILER CONNECTED message and then the SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM, or straight to SERVICE TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEM?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ron, I am seeing the trailer connected display when I restart yes. As for weather conditions I have had it in all conditions, wet and dry road conditions and hasn’t had it in warm conditions yet, mostly winter driving. No other lights on in dash or ABS, will get truck scanned for codes tomorrow if I can

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
You need to be able to get the "C" codes scanned. In the US, OReilly's auto stores have Bosch scanners that are capable of doing this. Not sure about Canada. Do you have the camper wiring option on your truck? And are you using the wiring in your camper or not? If not, the blunt wire ends may be shorting causing your problem. Pull the wiring and inspect. I covered mine with a couple of layers of plastic and taped to make sure they stayed dry. Also check for mud, road grime, salt, etc at the forward side of your 7 way connector. I also covered this with plastic and taped it to keep dirt out as much as possible.

UY2 - CAMPER/5TH WHEEL TRAILER WIRING PROVISIONS

Is your ABS light on in the dash when this problem occurs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only one trailer plug in at bumper. I try to keep truck well oiled on the underside as living in Newfoundland surrounded by ocean is always a battle. Will get codes read and get back to you then. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Here is information on C1113. The relay itself is less than $50 at last check and needs no programming. You should be aware that the problem could be in the circuit, not in the relay itself.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts