Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but my 2015 Denali was working fine and now all of a sudden when I swerve in my lane a little or get close to something backing up instead of my seat buzzing like it used to there's an audible alarm that goes off then immediately after my dash says "service driver alert system". I'm taking it to the dealer to have them look At it but curious to see if it's a common problem or am I the only one and if it is common what was your fix. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
846 Posts
From different posts on here we do not normally see this system having issues. But if I am going to guess it will need a module replaced, it will be on back order and then you will have to return. Or it could be something as simple as a sensor reading incorrectly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but my 2015 Denali was working fine and now all of a sudden when I swerve in my lane a little or get close to something backing up instead of my seat buzzing like it used to there's an audible alarm that goes off then immediately after my dash says "service driver alert system". I'm taking it to the dealer to have them look At it but curious to see if it's a common problem or am I the only one and if it is common what was your fix. Thanks in advance
I have the same truck and it just started to do the same thing.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hey Brian,

I'm happy to hear you are taking your truck in to get diagnosed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing how your visit with the dealership goes.

Anisha T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I have the same truck and it just started to do the same thing.
Hey K45,

We are always happy to help if you have any questions or concerns with your truck. Feel free to send us a private message and we will certainly look into things for you.

Anisha T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
So many bells & whistles, just a matter of time something falls apart. I figure I'll be having plenty of issues over time. lol Haven't encountered this one yet. *knock*

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So brought it to the dealership today to have this looked at turns out it's some sort of actuator that tells the light to come on the dash and it's gone bad. The dealer has to order it from Philadelphia and said its one of the first times he's seen this happen

·
Registered
82 Posts
How sensitive is the Driver Alert System I have mine on far setting seems like when I get close to vehicle only see the yellow light come on but nothing else beeps or vibrates is that normal or is there a problem 16 3500 HD

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is a setting in the radio to control this... you can set it to beep or vibrate or nothing... but you cant do both beep and vibrate which I thought was odd..

How sensitive is the Driver Alert System I have mine on far setting seems like when I get close to vehicle only see the yellow light come on but nothing else beeps or vibrates is that normal or is there a problem 16 3500 HD

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's on the steering wheel... Left inside top

·
Registered
213 Posts
Collision detection system

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought my 2015 back in January and started getting that notice after my first two weeks. Truck was used btw with 17k. Read on another forum that it's commonly a pinched wire under the drivers seat. I'm 6'5 so I have the seat all the way down whereas previous owner was shorter. I'm getting tired of seeing the alert so trucks going in on Wednesday for this and hopefully the headlight tsb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not to drag out an old thread but I just had my 15.5 Denali in today for this. Took em about 2 hours and we were good to go. Replaced the haptic feedback motor (not sure which side) in the seat. Problem solved!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Not to drag out an old thread but I just had my 15.5 Denali in today for this. Took em about 2 hours and we were good to go. Replaced the haptic feedback motor (not sure which side) in the seat. Problem solved!
Good Morning Mtlineman2010,

We are glad to hear that this concern was taken care of! Please let us know if you begin to experience this again, as our team would be more than happy to assist you any way that we can. Thank you and have a great day!

Philip J.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
37 Posts
So just as a few of you have had issues mine started last week. I keep getting the error from lane departure, collision alert or Parking sensors going off. My left side motor was completely dead and right was cutting in and out.

I have a 2015.5 Denali HD Duramax with 41K miles and since I’m out of warranty and my extended warranty wasn’t going to cover this I tackled it myself. Dealer sold me both motors for $97 out the door and took me about an hour to replace. As suspected the left was completely cut off and the right was hanging on by a thread.

What I did notice is that my original sensors looked like they just had heat shrink over the wires and the new units were 3 times the diameter and heavily protected.

I did find online that there is an issue documented with GM but I’m not happy about the fact that if it’s a known issue not from wear and tear but poor design that they won’t cover it. I’d like to at least get my money back to cover me for the parts.

https://gm.oemdtc.com/4389/pit5445a...sist-message-2014-2017-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
After everything was put back together I tested all systems and all is good now. Glad this was a simple fix but still not happy about the $97 out of pocket for a poor design on a $70K truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.