Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Anyone know if it is possible to delete the emissions stuff in the tune and leave the converter and everything else in place?
Would the dpf clog up? Could you just hollow the bastard out?
My truck just threw a code for the second time. The first time was under warranty at 99600 miles I am at 115k now and have tuned it. I am afraid they won't warranty the problem since it has been tuned. If they won't warranty it the only reason to keep it is the sound reduction. I do not want anything loud at all.

My codes were p2493 and p24c4

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 code P2202 it sloed down to 65 after that did like you floored it a couple times from dead stop after turning it off, when started the warning went off. that was couple months ago did it again doing th now is not helping???? What did you do to fix it??

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a 2012 code P2202 it sloed down to 65 after that did like you floored it a couple times from dead stop after turning it off, when started the warning went off. that was couple months ago did it again doing th now is not helping???? What did you do to fix it??
I would get a tune from motorops and delete the emissions garbage. I just deleted mine and I am very happy with how it turned out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine just popped up the "service emissions system" this morning. 66k miles on it. Not a happy GM owner right now and will be an irrate one if they charge me to repair this BS problem. Truck is 100% bone stock except for KO2 tires stock size and 2 Duralast AGM batteries I just put in it 4 days ago.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine just popped up the "service emissions system" this morning. 66k miles on it. Not a happy GM owner right now and will be an irrate one if they charge me to repair this BS problem. Truck is 100% bone stock except for KO2 tires stock size and 2 Duralast AGM batteries I just put in it 4 days ago.

Some of the emissions parts have a longer warranty coverage. The DEF tank I know is 120k miles, mine has been throwing heater codes in the -45 temps we have been having lately, but the dealer said bring it in, it’s covered.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Some of the emissions parts have a longer warranty coverage. The DEF tank I know is 120k miles, mine has been throwing heater codes in the -45 temps we have been having lately, but the dealer said bring it in, it’s covered.
Doubt mine is a tank heater issue it was 65 degrees here this morning and the truck is garage parked. I suspect a NOs sensor issue. When I re-cranked it at the office to take it to the shop it now has the engine light on as well as all that other BS about service emissions flashing all over the dash. Engine light probably is just the code notification it is throwing. Truck ran fine to the shop.

Anywho I left it at the shop and they took me back to work. Said it should be covered under warranty at this point.

·
Registered
482 Posts
will be interesting to see what they find.mine turned out to be a fuel filter(I changed it) and then finish its regen process followed by some quality test on the def fluid,so gmc said.cost me zilch

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
will be interesting to see what they find.mine turned out to be a fuel filter(I changed it) and then finish its regen process followed by some quality test on the def fluid,so gmc said.cost me zilch
you got an emissions system code that prevented regen due to a fuel filter? had it never been changed before or something?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Turned out to be the DEF tank pump. It was checked to confirm it was bad at only 8.1 PSI. New one was 73.1 PSI and the truck is back to normal now. No charge to me GM picked up the tab under warranty 5/100K. Tank Heater was checked and that passed. Pretty thorough write up on the service ticket by the tech that did the repair. Detailed down to the removing of the passenger side running board. He also performed a multi point inspection on the truck, ended up topping off the windshield washer fluid tank. Everything else was okay, I take care of my truck.

As it stands now I have 1 year left on that 5/100k warranty and will delete the truck sometime late next year when that expires. I won't have 100k on the truck in a year but the time will have expired by then. I am already reading up on it and asking around.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Turned out to be the DEF tank pump. It was checked to confirm it was bad at only 8.1 PSI. New one was 73.1 PSI and the truck is back to normal now. No charge to me GM picked up the tab under warranty 5/100K. Tank Heater was checked and that passed. Pretty thorough write up on the service ticket by the tech that did the repair. Detailed down to the removing of the passenger side running board. He also performed a multi point inspection on the truck, ended up topping off the windshield washer fluid tank. Everything else was okay, I take care of my truck.

As it stands now I have 1 year left on that 5/100k warranty and will delete the truck sometime late next year when that expires. I won't have 100k on the truck in a year but the time will have expired by then. I am already reading up on it and asking around.
motorops tuning ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
you got an emissions system code that prevented regen due to a fuel filter? had it never been changed before or something?
not quite,,got fuel pressure codes while the truck was regen idling,it stopped regening and threw the service light.I knew something was up,as I was on the highway,stepped into it and it was lazy(no codes at that time),it was some time later in the trip that it had the problems.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
not quite,,got fuel pressure codes while the truck was regen idling,it stopped regening and threw the service light.I knew something was up,as I was on the highway,stepped into it and it was lazy(no codes at that time),it was some time later in the trip that it had the problems.
oh ok. I mean, thats not really on the emissions system though, thats a clogged fuel filter. The truck as a whole would have started to run like crap with or without the emissions equipment as that filter continued to load.

·
Registered
482 Posts
oh ok. I mean, thats not really on the emissions system though, thats a clogged fuel filter. The truck as a whole would have started to run like crap with or without the emissions equipment as that filter continued to load.
true,,but during the regen,,the def service light(and the dreaded 99 miles to reduced speed warning) came on and the only way to clear it,so I was told was to run some quality test,this after my truck finished its regen.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts