Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is sometimes hard to find a service manual for a vehicle until it is a few years old. I guess they expect you to be using the warranty for a while. I am not a mechanic but I like to play one in my garage some times. I will tackle a simple problem that is fairly accessible on my own but this is my first diesel and I know nothing about them.

Does anyone know of a source for a Manuel that does a good job of covering the simple things. I don't need a tear down book, just the DIY stuff. I have a 2011 6.6

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
AllData?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I know some guys have had success with Helm manuals. A little pricey but i've heard good things about them if you want to give them a call to see if they offer once for you application yet. (800) 782-4356

Might be worth a shot at least?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I don't think anyone puts one out till the trucks start coming out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
No company makes a manual for the Duramax-- except Helm Inc. They also make the manuals for the dealers. Pricey-- includes 5 volumes $150-$200-- but worth it.

All Data has on-line manuals, and CDs. Requires a subscription. $20-?

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
Did you notice that the 'French' version of the Dmax 'Deisel' supplement is 'OUT OF STOCK'? :cookoo[1]:

·
Registered
119 Posts
No company makes a manual for the Duramax-- except Helm Inc. They also make the manuals for the dealers. Pricey-- includes 5 volumes $150-$200-- but worth it.

All Data has on-line manuals, and CDs. Requires a subscription. $20-?
I have an All Data subscription and it is OK but not like a regular shop manual. I can download and print out pages that I need but some of the instructions are lacking. The cost is $20 for two years of unlimited use.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have a four book set i bought from my local dealer. 160$ seems expensive but once i got them i realized how much they went in depth and quanity of the diagnostic material was in them. Way worth the money. Has any repair u could ever do to your truck in it. They combined are like 50lbs and have a rediculous amount of pages

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the Helm manuals for my last truck. They easily paid for themselves the first year I got them. No paying $75+ per hour for a tech after the warranty is up.

If you only want the basic stuff, you can get a FREE subscription to either All-Data or another site similar through your local public library. All you need is a library card and a little help from the staff there to show you how to use their computer system and pull the info for your vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts