Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 3500HD Denali
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 GMC Denali Duramax. Absolutely no issues in the first 7K miles. However, yesterday I got a Service Parking Brake DIC Message, along with
an illuminated orange icon/wrench on my DIC. I pulled over, shut off the truck, activated and released the EBP and this message disappeared.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Is it something to be concerned with?

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
It usually means that the park brake lever has not fully returned to the top of its limit when released. Next time you see the message, just use your foot to lift the parking brake to the top of its travel and see if the light clears. If so, you may need a little adjustment or a little lube, or both.

·
Registered
2021 3500HD Denali
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It usually means that the park brake lever has not fully returned to the top of its limit when released. Next time you see the message, just use your foot to lift the parking brake to the top of its travel and see if the light clears. If so, you may need a little adjustment or a little lube, or both.
Hi Ron,

My truck does not have the old style parking brake. It has the new push button Electronic Parking Brake (EPB).

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I don't know why but I always answer as if every truck was just like my 2008 model.

·
Registered
'20, GMC, 2500, DENALI, DURAMAX/ALLISON
3 Posts
I have a 2021 GMC Denali Duramax. Absolutely no issues in the first 7K miles. However, yesterday I got a Service Parking Brake DIC Message, along with
an illuminated orange icon/wrench on my DIC. I pulled over, shut off the truck, activated and released the EBP and this message disappeared.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Is it something to be concerned with?
Don, I have a 20 that is clicking very hard on release and often tells me to step on the brake peddle. I'm begining to think, I HAVE TO START SERVICING MY OWN VEHICLE AGAIN!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts