Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been having this light come on lately. Until yesterday it didn’t affect driving. It gave the abs a little shake and now it’s got me looking more into it.

I see that it could be the abs sensors in the front and rear hubs and/or the steering position sensor.

Before I pull the trigger on new parts I’d like to hear from you guys on potential other fixes or what to expect.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anything? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
You have checked for C- (chassis) codes? Is your ABS light on in the instrument panel? Unplug anything in the DLC and see if it makes a difference. Unplug anything in the cigar lighter and see if any difference. What did you mean by this "It gave the abs a little shake " ??

ABS errors should have codes, and StabiliTrak can't function without a fully functioning ABS system, so the problem is somewhere. Wheel speed sensors should be setting C-codes if they're bad or out of range. And all electrical devices must have intact electrical circuits to support them.

Look in the ELECTRICAL MANUAL for your year/model of truck and look for StabiliTrak and see if anything there to help you. GM UPFITTER - Body Builder Manuals

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Ron. I will check for codes next time I see it. No ABS light, only the dash light of a vehicle with two wavy lines.

About the shimmy-it was very brief but the last time the light came on it felt like the abs cycled in the front for a split second and hasn’t done it since. It happened right when the light came on.
I have only a small inverter plugged into the under console cig lighter plug. I’ll check it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts