Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has got a GMC Suburban for the weekend and is planning on buying it, it's a 1996 with the 6,5 Turbo...

After driving for a while, a light illuminated in the instrument cluster and said Service Throttle Soon, following the Throttle stopped working, pressing the gas pedal had no effect !

Turning off the engine, and starting up again made this problem go away for a while and then this comes up again, what could this be ?

This truck is not in my signature..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Make sure it gets fixed BEFORE he buys it. No sense in him paying for it, unless they take that much off the price!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the truck giving all the hazzle:

and we just found these buttons, wich came with the car from the US... and guess what those are for :?:

One says STROBE and the other says DRIVING :cool

·
Registered
699 Posts
never seen those before, not a factory option fer shore

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never seen those before, not a factory option fer shore
After a little research i found out the car still has some wiring harness for blinking lights...

tried to wire up 2 fog lights i had, and yeah.... guess it was some sort of a federal car in the states...

:cool:

but yeah, it totally needs more power.... the TPS just needed some moving and now its fine, guess it had got stuck since the car hasn't been moved recently...

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts