Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a low rear tire so I had the low pressure tire light. I aired up the tire and attempeted the TMPS relearn by pressing the e-brake, turn ignition swith on, hold both lock and unlock on the fob. I got the display saying tire learning active so I wait. The process finshes and I had no light so all was good. I drove up the street and about 20min later the light flashes on the off then goes away. I re read the owners manual and realize I didnt inflat each tire until the horn honks etc.

So I start the relearn process on the drivers front tire. The horn honks once then I move on to the pass side front tire. The horn honks once so I move to the pass side rear tire. I couldnt ever get the horn to honk so it times out. I start over on the process with the drivers side tire, This time cant get this tire right so the horn will honk and it times out. Now after 3 failed attmepts and making it to 3 different tires before timing out im stuck with a message on my cluster "Service tire pressure monitoring system"

Anyone have any tricks to clear this message and start over. Before my failed attempts all sensors were reading pressure's according to the cluster so I dont think the sensors are bad.

·
Registered
945 Posts
their a pita.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
bump for this question i just had the same thing pop up yesterday! what do you do!

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Mine was a bad sensor. 1st to go out was a rear 1. & again it happ but this time it was more then 1 sensor that went out. When I got my new GM PY0 wheels I didnt install the sensors.
I tossed them in the trash where they belong. Shaddder

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Mine was a bad sensor. 1st to go out was a rear 1. & again it happ but this time it was more then 1 sensor that went out. When I got my new GM PY0 wheels I didnt install the sensors.
I tossed them in the trash where they belong. Shaddder
so does you light stay on all the time then or did you fix it? its so annoying.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
so does you light stay on all the time then or did you fix it? its so annoying.
If you still have your warranty take it in.

The light/msg stays on. Every start I clear the msg. Annoying, yes.
Whats more annoying was taking it to the dealer often to get them replaced.
They never worked right to begin with.

If you could live with the light/msg on, leave it as is. Buy a tire gauge & monitor them what way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts