Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feeling like I'm on the forum every other week.... Driving earlier today and had a Service Trailer Brake readout on DIC along with the BRAKE indicator light. Truck still driving no problem. Checked fluids all good. Seeing some stuff about a relay above rear end, then others about the switch itself. Just looking for some insight if anyone has had similar issues?? 2015 high country 4x4 LML. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Feeling like I'm on the forum every other week.... Driving earlier today and had a Service Trailer Brake readout on DIC along with the BRAKE indicator light. Truck still driving no problem. Checked fluids all good. Seeing some stuff about a relay above rear end, then others about the switch itself. Just looking for some insight if anyone has had similar issues?? 2015 high country 4x4 LML. Thanks.
Try this first,

Disconnect harness from the rear of your 7 pin connector.
Blow out with air.
put Dielectric Grease in pin holes (to keep water out in the future) and reconnect.

If this does not work there is a Trailer Brake Controller above your rear axle on the inside of the drivers side frame.

Do the same process there too.

Let us know how this works out.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Try this first,

Disconnect harness from the rear of your 7 pin connector.
Blow out with air.
put Dielectric Grease in pin holes (to keep water out in the future) and reconnect.

If this does not work there is a Trailer Brake Controller above your rear axle on the inside of the drivers side frame.

Do the same process there too.

Let us know how this works out.
:neener:neener:neener:neener
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I have had this occur when pulling a trailer. It ended up being bad wiring on the trailer and blew some of my fuses.
The same, had an older 5er that the connection cord had loose connections. A new cord and 15 minutes wiring it up cured the problem.

But I got the impression that the question was posed by someone whose trailer was not connected at the time.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
If there is a problem with your truck's brake system, your trailer brake system will be inoperative. Usually when this happens, it is in conjunction with the ABS unit having a vault. If the ABS light shows up on the dash, you will also have a STBS message on the DIC. So I think you need to address the brake light problem and see if the Service trailer Brake System problem goes away.

Here is additional information: What Does The Brake Service Light Mean | Dallas Brakes

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
The same, had an older 5er that the connection cord had loose connections. A new cord and 15 minutes wiring it up cured the problem.

But I got the impression that the question was posed by someone whose trailer was not connected at the time.
Correct no trailer connected but the service trailer brake pops up. As soon as the rain stops gonna try your suggestion thanks again.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
If there is a problem with your truck's brake system, your trailer brake system will be inoperative. Usually when this happens, it is in conjunction with the ABS unit having a vault. If the ABS light shows up on the dash, you will also have a STBS message on the DIC. So I think you need to address the brake light problem and see if the Service trailer Brake System problem goes away.

Here is additional information: What Does The Brake Service Light Mean | Dallas Brakes
Ron it could also be related to this. I recently had a brake line develop a leak cause it was rubbing on the PS line. Had to to replace the line so maybe somewhat related but the line is fixed and have no issues now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a similar issue, mine is one that happens whenever i hit a bad bump that the rear end bounces around allot then at next startup message doesnt come up its gone. Tried replacing fuses nothing.any ideas where a short or anything it could be ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts