Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Silverado 2500HD diesel , 4x4 LT crew-cab, short bed with factory trailer brake system.

Since last Fall I keep getting the "Service Trailer Brake System" in the D.I.C.

I searched for fixes online and on Youtube. I replaced the trailer brake fuses with NAPA fuses. I replaced the Trailer Brake Relay with below ACDelco relay assembly.

I still keep getting the warning. Any other fixes ?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I suggest you subscribe to ALLDATADIY so that you can get some up to date information. SInce my 2008 model, there have been many changes to the trailer braking system so what I think is the case probably isn't the case for your truck. Look for information like DTC C1112 for an idea of what might be going on and some way to do testing so that you don't keep buying parts that don't need to be replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suggest you subscribe to ALLDATADIY so that you can get some up to date information. SInce my 2008 model, there have been many changes to the trailer braking system so what I think is the case probably isn't the case for your truck. Look for information like DTC C1112 for an idea of what might be going on and some way to do testing so that you don't keep buying parts that don't need to be replaced.
I used to have access to AllData when I was in an automotive program at Trade school, but don't have access now as I graduated . I did look up the issue on All Data last year but found nothing helpful.

I was hoping there would be others here who have had the issue and could advise me on what they did .

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
There are a LOT of possible causes for that message. Need dtcs to start.

Reactions: d9er

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Are you getting the message while you are towing?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If you want to shoot the parts shotgun at the problem, you could get a new ITBM module and have it programmed to your truck. Otherwise you will have to find someone who is good at electrical system diagnosis, folloning the wiring chart, understanding the theory of operation of the ITBM system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts