Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EGTs are currently set to slow the motor at 1350, and when i punch it now right around 100 mph they are around 1050....When I go sled pulling this summer, should i disengage the max egt setting so i dont look like a fool if my engine shuts down halfway down the track or is this a pretty decent number to not worry about? Thanks:help :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not 100% on the edge for chevy,but mine will only back it down to stock at the most if I get over the EGT's So you'll not look like a fool.
I would not pull at 1350 for very long.

·
Registered
484 Posts
disable it for sled pulling, and don't look at the EGT's, because you don't want to know .........

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks---yeah ive heard they can get upwards of 1500 when sled pulling.....i know im going to be nervous of breaking something when my first time comes this summer

·
Registered
484 Posts
my pyrometer only goes to 1500 can't tell you what it reads, it's pegged. A pull only lasts a few seconds, I can see worrying about running those high temps for a couple of miles, but 300 ft. you will be fine.

As far as eliminating breakage, theese are tough trucks, get your self some tie rods sleeves, if you are gonna be serious about pulling a straight centerlink, and let it rip. You should be fine. There are several of us on here with those basic mods that pulled last summer and had no issues. Good Luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also does anyone know which setting I should have the edge on when pulling? It says towing to put it on 2, drive on 3, performance on 4 and extreme on 5...do i take the chance on 5 or let er eat on 3 or 4? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
5... let er rip bro! and you can set the max EGT back down in the Juice Configuration... and like BeagleBoy :D said.... Don't look, you wont want to know.... if you are going to pull sleds, you can count on something breaking sometime... thats all part of the game!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts