Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased an completely stock 07 Lmm Max 4x4 with 200,000 miles that I knew had some issues. it was knocking and the owner would rather buy a new truck then have it fix so I picked it up. I had a pretty good idea it was an injector knock since it threw emissions codes. Having it home here is what I see so far.

Code P244b- DPF over pressure
P0300- Random missfire
P0206- Open injector #6
P0208 Open injector #8
P0303 Cylinder #3 missfire
P0301 Cylinder #1 missfire

I am also seeing fuel seep out around the EGR valve and am assuming its from over fueling.

I un-hooked #6 injector and the knock is gone. I have checked for harness rubs and cant see anything but if there is a prone area on the lmm please let me know.

I am just trying to gauge if I should tackle it myself or take it to a shop if I am going to need a tech II to diagnose the codes. I am hoping I can find the cause, swap the bad injectors, change the fuel contaminated oil and take it in to have the injectors calibrated saving me money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did read one thread where the main bearings were spun and allowed the wheel on the crank to touch the oil pump and throw everything off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts