Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GMC 2500HD AT L5P, Banks Deringer, Intake, Exhaust, 4.5" BDS lift, Fox shocks, Fuel Hardline
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why I cannot find Rotella T6 in Northern Illinois?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Anyone know why I cannot find Rotella T6 in Northern Illinois?
It was covered in a thread here just a week or two ago. It's getting pretty scarce. I'd recommend when you do find some to go ahead and stock up. I'd call your local Walmart and ask them when they are due to receive more and just make sure you're there that day if possible.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Yup, been going on for a while now. I'd you need it, find what you can and buy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Correct me if I'am wrong but why not contact an Ams-oil dealer, and run that? Or is it in low supply too?

Why is Shell T6 so popular?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Lol been searching for T6 for 2 months. Nothing.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Well, amsoil is $38/gallon (with preferred membership) whereas T6 could be had for $20/gallon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just ordered from O Reilly‘s home del ,free shipping. Try Advanced Auto also

Reactions: GoBlowSnow

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
We're seeing a shortage of Delvac 15W-40 here now too. I'm guessing this shortage is going across the board with all the good HD diesel oils.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Up next is DEF...

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Just got 6 gals. from AutoZone near me. Paid $35 per gal.

Reactions: viper8315

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Mobil Delvac Extreme 15w-40 and Rotella T6 are both pretty scare around here right now. I went with the Mobil Delvac 1300 Super for this oil change. If I ever see one of the others in good stock, I may get several and stock up for at least a couple oil changes. Filters aren't in large quantities either, especially for the 2020+ L5P.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Nope, Amsoil is not in short supply here. Ordered it on Tuesday and was at my house on Thursday.
Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Font

·
Registered
189 Posts
DEF is of no concern :p Perks of driving an antique!
Hahaha I love when everyone says I drive an old truck! Crazy my LBZ is almost 15yr old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 77cruiser

·
Registered
378 Posts
Delvac ESP 5w40 @ $51.99/2.5gal, take a $20 rebate off of that, pay $8.99 for a PF2232 and $1.50 off of that. End of problem.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Check out walmart app. Just looked and plenty of options with 1-3 day shipping. I use it to check stock too and was able to locate some 10qt jugs of T6.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hahaha I love when everyone says I drive an old truck! Crazy my LBZ is almost 15yr old

Its crazy to think that there are lb7's that are 20 years old

Reactions: aaro9991

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just had Walmart cancel my order for a 2.5 gallon jug after several days of delay, ordered last week.

My local Family Farm and Fleet says they have some, will go up there for a looksee in person.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
I just had Walmart cancel my order for a 2.5 gallon jug after several days of delay, ordered last week.

My local Family Farm and Fleet says they have some, will go up there for a looksee in person.
That's the issue I kept hitting as well. Webpage says they have it, place order, nope!

·
Registered
2018 GMC 2500HD AT L5P, Banks Deringer, Intake, Exhaust, 4.5" BDS lift, Fox shocks, Fuel Hardline
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was able to find a 2.5 gallon of Rotella T6 15w40 for $69.99. I usually run 5w40 all year long for cold starts. I change oil every 5k but right now I am at 7k. I will send a sample to the lab to see how it checks out. I am curious how much oil life is left.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts